Marine standing guard at elementary school....isn't | MassCops

Marine standing guard at elementary school....isn't

Discussion in 'Police Impersonation News' started by HiredGoon, Dec 21, 2012.

1. HiredGoon

HiredGoon MassCops Member

Figured the Whacker Central area was a decent place to post this. I'm sure we're going to see "volunteers" popping up out of the woodwork (CMPSA anyone?) making all sorts of claims to status and abilities, after the incident in CT. If you have any interaction with schools during your shift, it might be worthwhile reminding them of this as well.

HUGHSON (CBS13) – The feel-good story of a former U.S. Marine standing guard outside a local elementary school doesn’t feel so good the day after.
    It turns out Craig Pusley isn’t in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, he didn’t serve overseas as he told CBS13 on Wednesday and he was discharged after less than a year with the second-lowest ranking in the Marines, private first class (E-2).

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...ine-standing-guard-lied-about-service-record/

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Even if he was the real deal, what's the point? Unless he was armed, all he'd do is make a pretty target.

KozmoKramer, 7costanza and Marks72 like this.
  3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I can see his purpose as peace of mind...for the children...but then again, wackos come out of the woodwork.

4. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Less then a year in and discharged, sounds like a "recycle". Sorry Private Pyle, but leave it to the professionals.

7costanza, USMCMP5811, frank and 2 others like this.
  5. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

sounds more like a ex-marine ( small "M" wasnt a mistake)

6. CPT Chaos

My old Boss (Retired USMC, RIP) once explained to me, once you leave the USMC, your either a Former Marine, or a Retired Marine but always still a US Marine. The only time your an "ex-marine" (small "M" wasnt a mistake) is if you were kicked out of the Corps.

7. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Hate to sound like a dick but....if you don't complete boot camp, you haven't earned the title of even the lower case m. Just my opinion.

7costanza and USMCMP5811 like this.
  8. CPT Chaos

Actually, you are correct. Your really just someone who FAILED!

9. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

This comes to mind

7costanza and RookieBlue like this.
  10. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Loser!

I would actually have no problem with people with legitimate LTC's, vetted by the police, volunteering their time to stand watch at local schools armed. I just don't see what an unarmed man, whether he was a Marine, fraudulent marine, whatever, was going to do anyways if someone showed up with bad intentions. Sorry, Gomer, uniforms without the armament amount very little to evil people.

11. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

From what he said, his intent wasn't to defend or deter, but to make the kiddies feel safe, and I applaud that sentiment, too bad he misrepresented himself.

12. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

Thanks to U.S. v. Alvarez, decided earlier this year by SCOTUS, lying about service, absent any harm or pecuniary gain, (whether you even served or not), is simply freedom of expression within the First Amendment. In the arguments before the Court, the Justices simply downplayed the lies perpetrated by Alvarez about service as "puffing" (Breyer) and "boosting his reputation" (Roberts) and said the harm to his reputation and being exposed as a liar was damaging enough punishment. Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan were supportive of the lies; Scalia criticized him the most, along with Kennedy and Alito; Thomas... not a peep... haven't heard from him in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

U.S. vs. Alvarez isn't going to stop real veterans from kicking the asses of fake veterans, I promise you.

14. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Well, sheeeiit, all you need is a uniform and you can play whatever?? Sweet, cuz I've had this bad boy just hanging out in my basement, waiting to be used...

[​IMG]
    I'm a Samurai Warrior mothafugga!!

15. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

just dont grab this one by mistake Deuce
    [​IMG]

7costanza and Delta784 like this.
  16. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

A guy standing in front of a school wearing cammo is going to drawt attention, I know he would get mine and I would check him out all sorts of ways and then throw him off school property.

7costanza likes this.
  17. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I was attending Countryfest (don't judge) this past year waiting in line for an overpriced beverage with my buddy, who happens to be an Army Vet with 2 OIF deployments under his belt, cop, and built like a brick shithouse, when our attention was drawn to a loud argument between two guys. Actually it was 1 guy laying into the other with the 2nd guy not really offering anything back and looking like he wanted no part of it. It was so one sided that we both were actually considering stepping in as it was taking security a while to get there. Just as we were about to make our way over, we learned that the mousy guy not offering any resistance was apparently wearing dog tags that he could not explain to the other guy who was clearly a Vet.

At that point, we decided that we had waited in line a long time and it wasn't worth losing our place to get involved.

18. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Whenever a shitbum on the street tells me they're a veteran, I immediately ask what their MOS was (which EVERY legit vet would know), and more than half the time, I get the confused puppy head tilt.

Then the screaming begins.

19. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

20. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Not by mistake my friend... Hey, don't judge!

21. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Gotta dry em out somehow...