Marine Corps says snipers posted with Nazi SS symbol in Afghanistan | Page 3 | MassCops

Marine Corps says snipers posted with Nazi SS symbol in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

That flag was the flag of the empire of Japan, SS(which also stands for SCOUT SNIPERS), two letters that were a symbol or insignia of a ruthless yet elite branch of the German war machine, not a recognized international flag. Clear its turned into a dog face vs jar head mission hear. Both branches deserve better than this, my apologies to both.
    As a side note, encountered too many arrested vets to count with nazi insignia tats from all branches of the service on them during booking, no rising suns............. ............go figure.

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Oh, cut the shit and don't try to turn this into something it's not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you, unless you have more absurd rationalizations to offer.

It's okay, you can say it. Everyone already knows....let's say it together;

"The Marines did a stupid thing".

See how easy it can be?

3. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Quite clear, not the one turning this into this, review the posts,my post, oh wait, you have just won a new car..........

4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Obviously it's pretty hard for some people to admit that flag is a questionable choice. I don't question their dedication to the Corps, I support them in their profession, and I thank them for their service but they know what that symbol represents.

They should just lose the flag and continue with their mission which I support 100%.

BLUE BLOOD likes this.
  5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

There's a difference between support, and blind loyalty.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of cops on this board, but when a cop does something unequivocally stupid (the state trooper in New Mexico who was caught on video having sex while on-duty in his cruiser), I'll be the first to call them a dumbass, but I'll also be the first to say that their career shouldn't be over for one stupid mistake (as I did about the NM Trooper).

Did those Marines do something stupid?

Absolutely, positively, yes.

Is there any rationalization whatsoever for them using the insignia of the Nazi Schutz Staffel?

No, none at all.

Should they be strung-up for it?

Absolutely not, it was a dumb decision made in the footloose atmosphere of a combat zone.

+1.

BLUE BLOOD and niteowl1970 like this.
  6. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Plus 1 with everything you just said, but the new car you just won happens to be a 2012 Fiat 500, may have a problem getting the twins in.. ...... .......

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

One of the times we were trading in one loser cruiser (Honda Odyssey) for a new model at Weymouth Honda, there was a VERY early Honda car in the showroom, one of the first models sold in the US, it looked like a go-kart with a roof, doors, and lights. It was there just for display, like a novelty item to attract attention. I think it even had a 2-stroke engine.

My kids were really young then, and I gave the salesman a wink, telling the kids that the old Honda was our new car. Young kids will believe anything, and the salesman played along, so they started protesting it was too small, it smelled funny (that fake 1960's leather), etc.

BLUE BLOOD likes this.
  8. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

Ha, BG Twins as well a little younger than yours, its the twin super powers that lets nothing slide.