Marine Corps says snipers posted with Nazi SS symbol in Afghanistan | Page 2 | MassCops

Marine Corps says snipers posted with Nazi SS symbol in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

With the AB and OMG gang infiltration into all branches of the Armed Forces, as well as the potential Nazi association, very, very poor choice of motto flag.

Delta784 likes this.
  2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The Waffen-SS were the most elite troops of WWII, no doubt about it. The problem is that the guards at the concentration camps that murdered millions of innocent people wore the same lightning-bolt "SS" insignia on their uniforms, and were part of the same overall organization.

You would have to be borderline retarded or have just slept through high school history to not know what the SS was all about.

3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

maybe their just part of the "KISS ARMY" :cool:
    [​IMG]

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I'm old enough to remember the shit show that resulted from that, courtesy of the ADL (Jewish Anti-Defamation League).

5. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

As Q5-TPR said... this is not new news...

Scout Sniper Kopfjager.jpeg

AND, people will always see what they want to see.

On a parallel note, every American consumer of a Nissan product should know that Nissan used to be named "Datsun"... who were huge contributors to the WWII Japanese war machine, forever blood-soaked with American lives.

Anyone here willing enough to see the correlation?

Ohfuggetaboutit. Seek out the subculture which is the USMC's S/S, if not... STFU.

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Using that logic, no one should ever buy a Volkswagen product, since that was part of the "German war machine".

Get over it......Nissan and Volkswagen are/were private companies that posed no threat whatsoever to the United States.

The SS?

Not so much

Killjoy likes this.
  7. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Plenty of American companies sold shit to the Nazis. I guess we shouldn't use their products either right?

8. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

As a history buff, with a keen interest in German armor and army, I can tell you that Ford had factories in Germany in WW2. They of course were instructed to make trucks for the war effort and you had Ford trucks supplying the war effort against our own interests. That was not common knowledge in America at that time of course.

Also, there was the Feldgendarmarie or military police for the Wehrmacht and the SS. The title Kopf-jager (which I saw on the Scout-Sniper flag) was a term issued to them (means head hunter) because they would shoot and kill anyone, including their own, attempting to desert in addition to partisans and others they deemed "undesirables".

They should lose the SS symbol as well as the Kopf-Jager motto, simply because of the bad juju associated with it.

9. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

I'll reiterate my point... people see what they want to see.

The Germans practically mastered the art of death by precision fire with their fine optics and effective sniper tactics in WWII. Coincidentally, the German Marksmanship Award is called "SchutzenSchnur". In fact, the Schutzenshur lanyard is one of the few pre-approved foreign awards authorized to be worn in the US military (Army Reg. 670-1) and by coalition forces. (silver lanyard below; gold and bronze also exist).
    470px-Army_Class_A_Blouse_.jpg

Those of you who remember when the US military transitioned from the steel pot style helmet to the PASGT (Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops) back in the mid-80's - used until 2005, should also recall the furor it created (pun intended) for WWII veterans who, when the Pentagon first announced the new design, reportedly remarked that they shot at similar-looking helmets.
    300px-US_soldiers_wearing_the_PASGT_helmet,_Hawaii.jpg Logically, this design guaranteed maximum protection to the head, neck and ears, and remained until improved upon. Whether it is a design like that or a military sniper program which was imitated from our formerly hated, but respected foe (turned-world-partner), people are free to draw their own conclusions.

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

You're comparing apples to moonrocks. I'd bet my life savings that the Schutzen Schnur doesn't use the double lightning bolt SS-insignia; Germany is especially sensitive in regards to repudiating their Nazi past.

As far as the PASGT helmet (I wore one myself for many years), that's simply for functionality; we'll never know for sure, but many soldiers have likely been saved from death or injury, thanks to the improved material (Kevlar vs. steel) and increased protection area, versus the old steel pot (which I also wore early in my military service).

What benefits are accorded that Marine unit by using a flag with a Nazi symbol on it?

None at all....take off the Parris Island rose-colored glasses, and just admit it.

Killjoy likes this.
  11. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Ho hum....:(

12. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Unfortunately, the one's they issued me never made it off The Island:
    th_rosecoloredglasses.jpg
    However, I replaced them with a new pair that was made in Germany
    which are practically indestructible... Go Figure.

BLUE BLOOD, USMCMP5811 and Delta784 like this.
  13. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Maybe the next picture could use the same SS from the Camaros? To avoid all this heat? Just an idea.

[​IMG]

lofu, mtc and Marks72 like this.
  14. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

I am going to give our Troops the benefit of the doubt and believe that this was not meant to be disrespectful towards anyone. The article states that it was a naive mistake and I will take that for an explanation.

15. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Bingo. Sorry guys, there's no defending this one.

I"ve always found there's great irony in those "patriotic" neo-nazi's who dress up in WWII Nazi uniforms because they "want to take their country back. I would expect a bit better from our own military.

Delta784 likes this.
  16. OfficerObie59

Oh, I don't think it was done with any intentional disrespect. It was done more likely to be a bit provocative, as logos for units who specialize in hardcore combat often are.

There was a helicopter unit I served alongside with in the Army that had pictured on their patch a drawing fo an apache with a peace symbol in the shark mouth, with the Ode to Megadeth caption "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?".

Killjoy likes this.
  17. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

BMW made fighter engines for the FW-190, probably Germany's best propeller-driven fighter of WWII.

Porsche made Tiger I, Tiger II tanks and a host of other vehicles for the German war effort, as well as helping in the design of many aircraft and the V-1 buzz bombs.

Mercedes Benz made heavy trucks for the German Army, thus contributing to their mechanization and rapid advances.

Bingo. Elite military units often have respect for and study opposing enemy units, admiring their fighting qualities, but often forgetting that they were our nations enemies. The SS were certainly ferocious opponents but their quality as soldiers will forever be sullied by the role they played in the holocaust and their massacres of civilians and surrendering enemy soldiers.

The current fascination with Sparta and Spartans is another example of this. Sparta was a ruthless military state that killed their own infants in a subjective expression of racial purity and brutally subjected a neighboring country and enslaved its people to free Spartans from having to do manual labor so they could train constantly. Yet, all these evils are forgotten when scholars speak of the prowess of Spartan soldiers.

Delta784 likes this.
  18. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If the bastards at Lottery HQ would pick the right damn numbers some night, I will be purchasing at least one of each.

OfficerObie59 likes this.
  19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The Benz would be my daily driver. In my climate-controlled warehouse would be one of these;

[​IMG]

One of these;

[​IMG]

One of these;

[​IMG]

And one of these;

[​IMG]

Okay, I was kidding about the last one, but the first 3 shall be mine if I become filthy rich.

Usa8235 and Johnny Law like this.
  21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I'd buy their homes and give them to MassCops people.

22. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Do you guys like Fanta soft drinks? The Nazis did too when Coke sold them soda using that brand name throughout the 30s and 40s.

Side note: Some of the best war posters of that era were German Fanta war bond posters make by Coca Cola for the Nazi Party..

23. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

As an added bonus you could buy the homes neighboring some of the people who may have, at one point or another, attempted to make you miserable and give those houses to the riffraff who's houses you are buying.

I remember many many years ago working at a place back when people were really starting to buy PCs. From time to time, I'd get an older customer come in and insist I sell him a machine with "no Jap parts in it."

Delta784 likes this.
  24. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Now that just being hurtful :(

25. HistoryHound

Sorry. It wasn't me. I know there's a joke in there about you putting your parts in a machine, but I'm just not going to cross that line.

26. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

as opposed to chickens ^^^^^^^^^

27. HistoryHound

Call me Madame Cleo because I saw that one coming.

28. justanotherparatrooper

technically so is this
    vvvvvvv
    [​IMG]

:confused:

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  29. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

From Swastikas, to classic cars, to winning the Powerball to chicken fuckers.

Delta784 likes this.
  30. OfficerObie59

I'm wondering if would have made a difference if the Marines had served with great numbers in the European theater during WWII--you know, whether they would have thought a little more aout their choice of logo.

Imagine some Army Ranger getting stationed with Marines at Oki using that flag as their logo: "We just wanted to show how we keep our military discipline--like the cadence 'Up in the moring with the rising sun...'." I'm sure that would go over like a fart in church.

Delta784 likes this.
  31. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Several years ago, I had the honor of meeting some survivors of the Battle of the Bulge. Somehow, I don't think the idea of a United States military unit using the SS double lightning bolts for their insignia would have gone over too well with them.

niteowl1970 likes this.