Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I called 3 different sources and they all confirmed that for the Sept. Academy they are concentrating on Women and Minorities regardless of scores. Naturally you still need the 70 to be considered. I guess the cut off score was around 95ish for this Academy for individuals that were not of the Women or Minority persuasion. And yes, certain individuals did get the nod for an interview with a score of 70. A little bit of smoke and mirrors...Lol.:rolleyes:

If you did not get a call for the interview, you will be getting a thanks for putting in, but you have not been selected at this time letter in the mail. Following this at a later date, you will be receiving another card in the mail for you to bring to Norfolk and go through the same redundancy again if you are still interested in the job for a future Academy. The score that you received will stay on a list for a 2 year period...Good luck to all that tested in March.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I scored a 95 on the exam and I am not of minority status nor am I a woman. If that was the cutoff then that seems real competitive. Then again I am still somewhat unfamiliar with the whole process as well. I guess I see now how the DOC managed to widdle the list down to 300 candidates when many more took the exam. I know that on my interview date there were not many women in attendance. Thanks for the best wishes ducci. I really think I nailed the interview; I hope I get the call :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey MB,

I scored a 90, non Vet,non minority with 2 years plus corrections under my belt. I hope to see the Jan. or perhaps April Academy.They should get down to 90 and experience by then. I'm just hoping they don't combine the March and Sept. scores together because then I will be in the same boat with the Vets me beating out. Getting old and only have one more Academy left in me...Lol.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts