Manchester NH oral boards | MassCops

Manchester NH oral boards

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by mdirosa, May 13, 2013.

1. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any recent experience or input on the Manchester Nh oral board process, and or the questions used?

2. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

If you have honesty and common sense then you should have no issues.

3. carodo

carodo MassCops Member

Or you could try passing the written and pat first, since they're this Saturday

Code 3 likes this.
  4. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Lmao! Just planning accordingly

5. peanutbutter

peanutbutter MassCops Member

what is it for? pd?

6. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Stick to your guns. Sit up straight. Make eye contact. Firm handshakes. Oh and don't lie.

LawMan3 likes this.
  7. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Take George Costanza's advice. Whatever his first instinct is, he does the exact opposite.

pahapoika and frank like this.
  8. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Make sure your social media is clean. I have no knowledge of the process there but we check social media sites. Actually had a picture of one of the interviewees smoking a bong on his page.

HuskyH-2, frank and Code 3 like this.
  9. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

I did it! I can breath. Hard work pays off. Thanks for the help

10. peanutbutter

how did u do?

11. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Oral board went great. They're going to follow up with me for background and poly next

12. peanutbutter

Awesome man good luck!!

13. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

I had taken a few exams before accepting my present jobs and had advanced well in the process of many with some offers in NH and ME. I remember one of the oral boards in ME. There was a person from the HR office monitoring every interview making sure the questioning was fair and relevant for each candidate. I was very impressed with that. Is that common practice now with most departments? I am sure it is not with mine but just curious about others. And, good luck to you.

14. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I took an oral board in Dover NH. The first thing they said was: I don't know what you've heard about this process, but we are not here to try to stress you out or give you impossible questions, our goal is to get to know you and try to see what kind of person you are. Very professional, sensible questions, felt like an actual job interview.

LawMan3 and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  15. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I had the mayor in a small town in one of my oral board interviews once...it seemed like her only job there was to piss me the candidates off with repetitive questions that were obviously off-script.

I didn't get the job, and in the end I wouldn't have been happy with it anyway if I had to work for her.

16. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Dirosa good luck. Be weary of your replies in case MPD watches these boards. Nice job. Manchester is a very solid department and kicks ass.

17. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Thanks, much appreciated. Yes the interview was just how it should've been. The two officers on my oral board were very informative and let me do a lot of talking which was good because I had a lot I wanted to say. I was a little nervous at first, I could hear it in my own voice. I worked through it as soon as I realized they were really there to help and not hurt me.

Does anyone have any tips on anything I can be doing to better my chances and show my commitment to this department while they're doing back rounds? I want to show mpd my enthusiasm and drive to be a part of the team.

18. AXO_17

AXO_17 New Member

Mdirosa, congratulations on passing the oral board. I passed it as well and just submitted my packet for them to commence the background investigation. Do you know more or less how that process is going to work in regards to how long it would take?

19. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

See if it's possible to do a ride along. It shows that you're willing to dedicate your own time to learning more about the department and the job

20. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Congrats to you too Axo. No, Im not really sure how long the whole process takes.

21. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Good point Irish, thanks

22. mdirosa

mdirosa MassCops Member

Has anyone heard any news back from Manchester that tested back in May ?

23. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Yes. I got hired. You?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

niteowl1970 likes this.
  24. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Damn... You've been done your FTO for awhile now. I heard you were selected for SWAT.

Dan Stark and Hush like this.
  25. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

You're either SWAT, or you're not

Hank Moody, frank and Dan Stark like this.