Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before Officer Dunngeon used her "Brass" power to close the door on a active subject she had this to say....

female p.o. said the FAITHFUL partner should get everything. Just to say, "Hey, I cheated on you, I'm a dirtbag, you should only get half or nothing," is acceptable after that person trusted you with their LIFE and everything you've built up together? The least you can do, as in any sort of legal proceeding where one has been wronged, is to pay off with money... and in the case of breaking the bond of a marriage (or trust), I think to hand over everything is the right thing to do, since some dirty skank is obviously what you really want more than your wife, kids, house, etc. She didn't mean to say you should take everything in any irreconcilable differences type of divorce, she meant after the lowest of the low - infedelity.

Anyway, this topic has seemed to have gone off the funny side and into the battle of the sexes. That, and the ATM has run out of cash. So on that note, topic closed!

So of course I had to get my words in...

Define "faithful"…If you mean a spouse who took care of all, and I mean all the home duties while the working spouse worked 40, 50, or 60 hours a week at their job then that is faithful. If I am working my butt off on details on top of the regular hours I expect my uniforms to be clean and my shoes polished at least every other day. When I am doing 60+ hours a week I just want to come home and eat and go to sleep so I can be awake for the next 12-16 hours shift I'm going to work. To me that is faithful. If you do all that and keep yourself looking good for me as in fit and trim and ready for my needs when I can find the time and strength after a long week then that is faithful. If you do all that then if I am stupid enough to cheat on you then you deserve all the judge gives you.

But if you are like the average woman and feel that you deserve all that I have worked for just because you had sex with me for a certain period of time that in my book that is nothing more then a form of prostitution and you know the trade name for those working girls...

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I guess I can't relate, because my wife works alot too... In my house it's normally "if you want something done, do it yourself". Also, Mark, 2 of the females that posted replies to this thread are PO's that are married to or dating PO's. So they don't have to time to sit at home either to do their hubby's laundry, cook, clean, etc. etc.....

Easy on your references of what you expect her to do... this isn't the 50's anymore. Actually if all my wife did was stay home and clean (even if she does look good :wink: ) I would be pissed. Women want to be equal? then her ass better be working too... and she does :D

And don't worry.. when I lock this thread, I won't comment. :wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you even bother to read all of my post before replying or do you read a couple of sentences and then jump up and down?

If the marriage is an equal partnership with both the male and female working then that is different then what I have posted. My post is for the stay at home, not working outside the home woman.

Unfortunately Gil seems to pass out these "Brass" positions based upon numbers of posting in this forum. Most of the "Brass" seem reasonable enough but making a statement about locking a post is not exactly what I would call responsible.

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from some people who are on this board. Thank God they don't work for me. I hate incompetence.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am with you RPD, Equal is best we both work, we both clean, there is no way anyone is stayin home not earning an income to clean a friggen house and cook meals

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
As a female (not PO yet, but working on that part) married to a PO we both work rediculous hours. We know that we need to share all the housework, cooking, cleaning, etc equally. My husband will only cook on his grill and I'm fine with that. I only cook when I have the time, he's fine with that. Thankfully his department dry cleans his uniforms for him. But when he was in the academy he did the laundry on the weekend and I ironed for him. It's about mutual respect in the long run...

...If there isn't mutual respect I believe that is one of the ways that leads to cheating. Whoever the cheating party is doesn't deserve everything, but neither does the non-cheating party. You cannot take away everything, but that's a personal opinion.

As to the "brass" closing the other thread...c'mon now, it was a lively discussion fueled by a post about 50's ideology. Discussions are good. They're productive and help people see other sides of issues (sometimes!). That post should not have been closed. In the "Just Shootin' the Breeze" forum I think that thread was totally in place.

That's all for today, I gotta get my bum to the gym before the close and I get fat , I mean I don't want my poor husband to come home to a fatty haha :GNANA:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The topic turned into a "cook-my-dinner, bitch" thread. Plain and simple. If it had stayed along the lines of the humorous context it was originally placed in, it would have been kept open. I thought it was getting nasty.

Hey, I agree that if one person works the other should keep things up at home, sure. It's only fair.

But if one works and the other is at home with 4 kids and they're running around and raising all sorts of hell and the other partner comes home from a 70+ hour work week and then wants to run to the bar to hang out with their "buddies," that to me is unfaithful. Raising a family is just as much work as going out into the world and bringing home a paycheck. A relationship should have a 50/50 effort put into it. You shine my shoes and I'll shine yours.

This thread can be kept open as far as I'm concerend, sure... as long as it can be kept to a light-hearted discussion and no one starts putting down one gender or the other.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Dunngy, I agree with you...if you are both working split the chores 50/50...if not...turn too at home: male, turn too at work: details and overtime as required...die early, die often in the service of your family! :D

A 'partnership' does not favor the male or the female...you are their to support one another...

If you wish to remain single, do so...but do not criticize the married citizens, live your own lonely life and leave the real people alone.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
dcs2244 @ 10 Oct 2004 18:40 said:
Dunngy, I agree with you...if you are both working split the chores 50/50...if not...turn too at home: male, turn too at work: details and overtime as required...die early, die often in the service of your family!
The man could also stay at home while the woman works. There's a guy in one of my classes at school who is a former CO and is now a stay-at-home dad and damn proud of it. I think that's great.

If you wish to remain single, do so...but do not criticize the married citizens, live your own lonely life and leave the real people alone.
Um, are you talking specifically to me here, or making a general statement? Just to clarify... :?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes. My dumbass ex girlfriend threw yellow paint (whole can) all over "my" car in the parking lot of a club a few years ago. Too bad it was'nt my car but some poor prick with the same make and model who happened to park near mine. She bragged about it to her friend who told me about it later when I was sleeping with her :lol:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Since MarkBoston doesn't know how to play nice, this thread is closed, due to him. Post deleted. I apologize to everyone else that he has to ruin it for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.