Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAN USED RADIO TO HARASS POLICE

By: Kim Ring

PALMER: Monson and Palmer Police along with U.S. Secret Service investigators Sunday seized radio equipment and other items from a Mount Dumplin Road home after a months-long investigation into unauthorized broadcasts made over the Monson Police Freq.

Police said they believe the radios were used to broadcast anti-police comments on several occasions dating back to August 2003. Police found the equipment while executing a search warrant at his residence.

In a Jan. 22 broadcast heard over a police scanner, a man's voice spoke about Monson Police Sgt. Robert Shuemaker, who shot and killed Mark Merrill inside the Magic Lantern strip club in Monson.

The broadcaster focused on Sgt. Shuemaker. "This man should be shot," the broadcaster said of the Sgt. "You are a filthy murderer. You will pay for what you have done." "You are a filthy, filthy cop. I will do anything I can to see that you get out of your position. Adding later in the broadcast "We, the people, will take you down."

The timing of the broadcast coincided with the ending of calling hours for another Monson Patrolman, Michael Bolaske, who had died in a M/V accident earlier that week.

The remarks were broadcast over the Monson Police emergency freq.

·
1,952 Posts
Wow. Good to see the agencies go together. :D

We had a similar problem but no direct threats to officers twice in the last year or so. Contract guards misplaced their radios on at least on of the occasions and would key up and play music and say things like "You'd don't know how it is, my life" etc. The last time the keyed up and actually crashed both of our repeaters so we had no communication ability with the officers because they all left headquarters a few minutes prior. Not cool. I am not familiar with FCC licensing numbers an the charges like this other case because while it's a PD freq. it's in the 400's and not in emergency service numbers higher up. :rd:

G

·
Secret Service?? I didn't know this type of violation was part of their gig. Interesting...I'll keep this in mind if we ever have a similar circumstance. Hopefully, this means 'Captain Midnight'(does anyone get the reference here?) will do some serious time at a federal institution.

Guinness2429

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I remember when I used to work Hospital Security a few years ago, we used to have a guy who would get on our frequency and start similar rants and play music for hours. It was annoying as hell, and unfortunatley there isn't a hell of a lot that you can do about it.

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The suspect will be summonsed into Palmer District Court to face charges of harassment and disorderly conduct. The altering of amateur radio equipment may be a violation of federal law.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts