Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Danielle Ameden/Daily News staff

Milford Police Sgt. James Heron and Officer Ed Varteresian examine blood evidence from a stabbing that apparently took place Tuesday night behind a playground in the parking lot between Stacy Middle School and Memorial Elementary School.

By Danielle Ameden/Daily News staff
GHS
Posted Jul 16, 2008 @ 12:25 AM

MILFORD -
Police were investigating the stabbing of an 18-year-old Milford man last night near Memorial Elementary School's playground.
With blood oozing from a deep wound on his right forearm, the teen drove to nearby Town Park at about 7:40 p.m. and flagged down two police officers on traffic detail for a summer bandstand concert.
The victim said, "Call me an ambulance, I've just been stabbed," said Detective Rick Belanger, one of the detail officers.
The teen was taken to Milford Regional Medical Center and later transferred to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester. Police described his injuries as serious, but not life-threatening.
The victim described his assailant as a stranger, a young man about 6 feet tall. He said he was watching his friends play basketball when the attacker "walked up and stabbed me."
Police do not believe the incident was random, Sgt. James Heron said.
Police Chief Thomas O'Loughlin said police were going in several directions to determine what happened.
"We called all the detectives in and we've got a full investigation going," Heron said.
Under a nearly full moon, police found blood spatter on the pavement behind the playground between Memorial Elementary School and Stacy Middle School.
Police secured the area with crime scene tape and an on-guard officer.
Blood stained both white front doors and the beige cloth interior of the car the victim drove to Town Park, a Chevy Cobalt LS with rosary beads hanging from the rear-view mirror.
Emergency crews loaded the unnamed victim into an American Medical Response ambulance, while police took one of his friends - a young man who was also in the Cobalt - back to the station for questioning.
The commotion of sirens and flashing blue lights competed with a concert at Town Park by Hopedale's Fantasy Big Band.
Bettsy Horrigan of Holliston was shocked to hear a stabbing took place 1,000 feet from the music pavilion. She saw the ambulances, but thought nothing of it.
"I just figured a couple of people passed out from the heat. ... Good Lord," she said. "I said a Hail Mary for the two people who were down, I thought."
The victim provided little information to police before he stopped talking.
The cut was large and deep on the teen's right arm at his elbow joint, looking to be right down to the bone, Belanger said.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x2109420544/Man-stabbed-near-school-playground

1 - 1 of 1 Posts