1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man spits on cop, gets life in jail

Oklahoma man had faced just a year in wife-beating case

ASSOCIATED PRESS

OKLAHOMA CITY, July 2 - An Oklahoma man arrested on suspicion of beating his wife faced year in prison and a fine. But when he spit in an arresting officer's face, he got a life sentence instead, officials said on Wednesday.
John Carl Marquez, 36, was convicted of "placing bodily fluid upon a government employee," a felony that can carry a life sentence because of the possibility of transmitting a potentially deadly disease.
State judge April Sellers White sentenced Marquez this week even though Marquez and the officer tested negative for any communicable disease.
Marquez also was convicted of assaulting a police officer, and a jury recommended the maximum sentence because he had previous convictions.
Marquez, arrested several months ago, could have received one year in prison and a $3,000 fine for wife-beating, according to the Creek County court clerk's office.
His lawyers said they plan to appeal.

·
Registered
160 Posts
OH...too bad...Another wife-beating, cop assaulting shitbag behind bars for life...Quit the whining...you shouldnt have beat your wife, or spit in a cops' face, or done any of the other horrible things he's done in the past...go make some friends in lock-down...END OF STORY.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Although I would never condone a domestic A&B, I think giving the man a life sentence is a little much for spitting on an Officer. I do agree that there needs to be some sort of strict punishment for this guy being a repeat offender and everything but a life sentence?! Anyone else share this view?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,711 Posts
q5_po said:
DUKE1005 said:
everything but a life sentence?! Anyone else share this view?
NO! You ever been spit in the face. I have, more than once! Dusch bag gets what he deserves!
Tell em man! Every freaking Detox-sumbitch in the world (Hoch-tewwy)
about 50 times! Even Housing Cop never had to put up with that!
In the ER getting my eyes irrigated as a precaution from some HIV-Humping-skel!! That stopped when they decided it was a waste of time.
=P~

·
Registered
160 Posts
Greg...you are definately right...spit in an officers face...you deserve a long ride to jail...but that would be illegal, and unethical...unfortunately

·
Registered
46 Posts
This guy absolutely gets what he deserves, let him spit in another inmates face while hes locked up or spit in a CO's face. He will get what is coming to him

·
Registered
30 Posts
They should have given the cop a five minute one on one session with this guy in the interview room with the door locked. A life sentence though... 8O

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is more along the lines of what I was thinking...some good ol' fashioned discipline! But you know later down the road that might just compound things and the next time this guy ran into a cop, he might just be shooting something else instead of a fat loogy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts