Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife Says Husband Tried To 'Reason' With Attacking Chimps
Man Severely Injured By Escaped Apes

SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman whose husband was mauled by chimpanzees says he tried to "reason" with the animals during the attack.

The man suffered severe injuries to the face and body in the attack at a California animal sanctuary. Authorities aren't sure how the animals got loose.

LaDonna Davis said when the couple made eye contact with the animals, "the charge was on." She said "there was no time for thinking" before two chimps attacked them last week.

She said her husband pushed her back after a big chimp chomped off her thumb. That's when both animals went for her husband, St. James Davis.

He lost all his fingers, an eye, part of his nose, cheek, lips and part of his buttocks. One foot was mutilated. Authorities say his genitals were mauled as well. :shock:

She said his condition is "minute by minute."

LaDonna Davis told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she doesn't know why a male chimp's "aggression was so strong."

She said the animal "wanted dominance," and that while one chimp was at her husband's head and the other was at his foot.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
jesus i bet that was the furthest from the guys mind when he woke up in the morning

·
1,334 Posts
Bit off her thumb? All his fingers? My God... :shock: Sounds like the chimps really had their way with that couple.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how comfortable people get around animals, wild or domesticated.

They're animals. They cannot reason, and they cannot make rational decisions.
Their actions are based on instinct, training, fear, and in domesticated dogs; a respect for the pack order.
Even that sometimes gets misinterpreted as we hear of so often.

I have a yellow lab, no question he's part of our family. But I am not comfortable to let my 2 and 3 yo around him when he's eating.
I've never had an issue, but I wont subject ourselves to one either.

This wasn't the chimps fault. Opposable thumbs not withstanding; they should have been left in the jungles of Africa where they belong.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I reckon that will teach them not to monkey around with wild animals. Is there any truth to the rumor that one of the chimps was named "Bobbit"?

·
Super Moderator
7,167 Posts
USMCMP5811";p="59463 said:
fscpd907";p="58771 said:
She said her husband pushed her back after a big chimp chomped off her thumb. That's when both animals went for her husband, St. James Davis.

He lost all his fingers, an eye, part of his nose, cheek, lips and part of his buttocks. One foot was mutilated. Authorities say his genitals were mauled as well. :shock:
Bobo, Sick Balls!

:lol:
eee eee ohoh!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Banana? Didn't we have a post on a woman offended by the officer eating a banana... why in this case, strategic employment of a banana might have saved him from losing all his fingers! :oops:

Friggin idiot people. Lucky both him and his wife didn't get killed.

How soon before we see the news article "Wife says Liberal Tried to 'Reason' with Attacking Terrorists"? Sorry, thats a litte off-topic but I just read somewhere online about a high school history teacher who assigned a project to her students... explain how the American Government could have helped prevent the Terror attacks thru diplomacy. :shock: Someone should stick her in with the chimps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.