Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man set fire to patrol car

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PBC FL Cop 
#1 ·
Man allegedly sets patrol car on fire

BALTIMORE (AP) -- A man allegedly walked up to a marked patrol car parked behind Baltimore police headquarters Friday morning, doused the car with gasoline and set it on fire. The patrol car was substantially damaged by the flames, police spokesman Troy Harris said. The monetary lost was still being determined, he said.

The man received minor burns and was being treated Friday at Bayview Hospital. He was arrested at the scene and charges are pending, Harris said.

Police do not know why the man did it. They do not know much about the man. Harris said they will interview him after his release from the hospital.

The incident occurred around 10 a.m. The damaged vehicle was parked behind several other cars in a small parking behind police headquarters at Baltimore and Gay streets, Harris said.

#5 ·
KozmoKramer said:
Not too mention Baltimore is one badass town to be a cop in.
They have to recruit nationwide for officers, there has to be something to that.
Maybe the locals know something we don't.
A buddy of mine grew up in Baltimore... or as he puts it "survived Baltimore" When I told him of my intent to apply there, he came in the next day with stories, clippings and crime statistics asking me, "Do you really want a police funeral that badly, Jon?"
:beat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.