Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· MassCops Angel
121,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man pulls gun in gas line, state troopers deployed at stations as tensions boil in Sandy's wake

By Greg Wilson
Published November 02, 2012
FoxNews.com
A New York man was arrested after pulling a gun on another driver as they waited in line for gas, one of several examples of frayed nerves caused by a gas shortage in the wake of superstorm Sandy.
In New Jersey, where lines at the few stations that were able to pump fuel stretched for miles, state troopers were deployed at all gas stations along the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway as the region endures its fourth full day with massive power outages. Officials say Sandy-driven closures at refineries, the inability of tankers to dock and most of all, outages that prevent pumps from drawing fuel from underground tanks at stations have fewer than half of stations in the region pumping.
It was too much for Sean Bailey, 35, of Queens, who authorities say a he tried to cut in line at a gas station in Queens early Thursday and pointed a pistol at another motorist who complained. Bailey was arrested on charges of menacing and criminal possession of a weapon and if convicted, could face up to 15 years in prison.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/02/tensions-boil-over-at-gas-stations-as-pumps-run-dry-in-wake-sandy/#ixzz2B54dWUI6

· Retired Fed, Active Special
8,898 Posts
The beginning of the end.........
Font Crest Emblem Symbol Logo

· Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
Any word on Camden NJ-remember they just FIRED their Police Force..."Q", keep your shield down, and your head up!

P.S.-whatever happened to shooting looters? While I'd be reluctant to let a few rounds go at the supermarket, I don't think I'd hesitate popping the guys out Christmas shopping-you don't need a plasma TV if your power's out!

· Registered
1,050 Posts
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/desperate_dash_for_free_fuel_l2MbJN8dRsSTYQW0lnsf0I

Free gas came with gallons of chaos.

Thousands of fuel-starved New Yorkers were able to get much needed gasoline from the government at no cost yesterday, but not without a high-octane fit of confusion and double talk from state and federal authorities.
The trouble-plagued giveaway began when Gov. Cuomo's office announced in the morning that officials would try to ease the post-Sandy gas crisis by giving out free fuel to both "emergency vehicles and the general public."
The gas was to be dispensed from trucks at five locations around the area - and throngs of desperate drivers showed up to fill their tanks.

But by the afternoon Cuomo spokeman Matt Wing rolled back the offer of free gas, announcing that fuel was intended for emergency vehicles first and foremost.

· Subscribing Member
1,617 Posts
I'm NO fan of that carpetbagging Red Sox-turned-Yankees-Fan Bloomberg... but at least on Meet The Press this morning, show host David Gregory bitch-slapped Obama White House Advisor David Plouffe when he quoted Bloomberg's own recent words; :p

"GREGORY: There is also an issue of how you work with the other side. Governor Romney has been critical saying that all this president has done has attacked the other side and not work with Congress, even Mayor Bloomberg, here in New York, who endorsed the president for a second term said that he was still disappointed by the president. This is part of-- of his remarks or his op-ed that he wrote in that endorsement in 2008, he writes,

"Obama ran as a pragmatic problem-solver and consensus-builder. But as president, he devoted little time and effort to developing and sustaining a coalition of centrists, which doomed hope for any real progress on illegal guns, immigration, tax reform, job creation and deficit reduction. And rather than uniting the country around a message of shared sacrifice, he engaged in partisan attacks and has embraced a divisive populist agenda focused more on redistributing income than creating it."

And that's from someone who endorsed the president??? o_O
(I fear how many others will be holding their noses while casting their votes this Tuesday)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.