Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A MAN has been refused bail on charges of bestiality and animal cruelty after the death of 17 rabbits and a guinea pig at a central Sydney office building.

Finance industry professional Brendan Francis McMahon, 36, of North Sydney, made a brief court appearance today after being arrested early this morning in a vacant office adjacent to his workplace in central Sydney.
Mr McMahon is charged with one count of bestiality with a rabbit, and faces 18 counts of aggravated animal cruelty involving 17 rabbits and a guinea pig.

He also faces two charges of possessing a total of 90g of cannabis.

The offences were committed between July 20 and August 11 this year, police alleged

Mr McMahon committed bestiality with a rabbit between 3am and 4am on August 1, police alleged in a police charge sheet tendered to Sydney's Central Local Court.

Advertisement:
On the same day, he also committed acts of aggravated animal cruelty on five rabbits and a guinea pig, police alleged.
Four other rabbits were allegedly mistreated on July 20, with two more allegedly abused on August 5 and 6.

On August 9 and 11, McMahon allegedly mistreated six rabbits.

He was arrested about 1am (AEST) today following a police investigation conducted in co-operation with the RSPCA.

Mr McMahon did not apply for bail during his court appearance, and it was formally refused by Magistrate Allan Moore.

Mr McMahon did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody to reappear in the same court on August 19.

Police will allege they acted following a tip-off from a Sydney pet shop.

1,329 Posts
That is just wrong! Is there a shortage of women down under? I love how they describe the rest of the acts as "mistreatment", if he went to the lengths of having sex with a rabbit I sure wonder what the "mistreatment" consisted of. I wonder if the guinea pig felt out of place with all those rabbits...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.