Man Charged With Impersonating Officer in Old Lyme Beach Community | MassCops

Man Charged With Impersonating Officer in Old Lyme Beach Community

Discussion in 'Police Impersonation News' started by LGriffin, Aug 9, 2013.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

By Bob Connors and Jeff Saperstone

| Friday, Aug 9, 2013 | Updated 10:52 AM EDT

[​IMG]
    State Police and NBCConnecticut.com
    State police found several weapons in a car owned by Bruce Browne in Old Lyme on Thursday. Browne was charged with impersonating an officer.
    advertisement [​IMG]
    State police arrested a heavily-armed man on charges he impersonated an officer in Old Lyme on Thursday, and police in Wolcott said the suspect is the brother of former U.S. Senator Scott Brown.
    Old Lyme police and state police troopers responded to the Point O' Woods Beach community just before 6:30 p.m. after a caller reported a man was walking on Sea View Drive wearing military-type clothes and carrying a gun. The caller told police the man had been seen earlier in the day driving a "police-type vehicle."
    Officers located the vehicle at 32 Sea View Drive. According to police, the 2004 blue Ford Crown Victoria was equipped with antennae on the trunk and "hide-away" lights.
    After speaking with several people at the home, police determined the car belonged to Bruce Browne, 47, of Wolcott. They said Browne admitted to walking on Sea View Drive wearing a black, nylon gun belt with a loaded 9-millimeter pistol in a holster.
    The chief of police in Wolcott said on Friday morning that Bruce Browne is the brother of the former U.S. Senator from Massachusetts.
    State police said Browne's identifying documents spelled his last name with an "e."
    Troopers searched Browne's car and found three 9-millimeter handguns, a nylon duty belt with two sets of handcuffs and 12 magazines fully loaded with more than 200 bullets, according to police. A black tactical bullet-proof vest with the word "POLICE" embroidered on the front and back was also found. A silver TSA badge was attached to the vest, police said. Browne was also in possession of an expired Coast Guard ID card from when he was a member of the Coast Guard Reserve, police said.
    During their investigation, authorities learned Browne had commandeered a boat earlier in the day by identifying himself as a police/Coast Guard official, according to state police. He is accused of stopping three boats off the coast of Point O' Woods and asking the operators for their registrations and boater safety certificates.
    Investigators contacted both TSA and the Coast Guard and determined Browne was not affiliated with either agency.
    He was arrested and charged with impersonating a police officer, breach of peace, interfering with a police officer and possession of a dangerous weapon in a motor vehicle. He was released on a $50,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Aug. 22.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-218973171.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CTBrand

The lib media will have a field day with this one.
    You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

2. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

From
    Scott Brown
    For those of you who are asking about the news reports on my estranged half brother, I only know as much as you. I read about it in the news this morning. As you many of you know, my mom and my late father were married and divorced 4 times each. Unfortunately, we were not close as a family. These are serious charges and he will need to answer them. I feel badly for his children and I am thankful that no one was injured.

HistoryHound, frank and right.as.rain like this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Half brother of ex-Senator pleads guilty

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown’s half brother pleaded guilty Monday to impersonating a federal law enforcement officer, authorities said, describing how he stopped boaters off the Connecticut coast and an incident in which he investigated youths for drugs.
    Bruce Brown, a 47-year-old Wolcott resident, pleaded guilty Monday in federal court in Bridgeport to two counts of impersonating a law enforcement officer and one count of falsifying a military discharge certificate.
    A message left with his attorney was not immediately returned.
    Scott Brown has said he was estranged from Bruce Brown, who has a different mother. The Republican lost the Massachusetts seat in 2012 to Democrat Elizabeth Warren.
    Brown is also known as ‘‘Bruce Browne,’’ ‘'Spenser Brown,’’ ‘'Spenser Browne,’’ ‘'Agent Brice’’ and ‘‘Detective Brice,’’ authorities said.
    Brown arrived on Aug. 8 in Old Lyme in a Ford Crown Victoria equipped to resemble a police vehicle. He was wearing a bullet proof tactical vest with police insignia and was carrying a weapon and handcuffs and told a resident he was a special agent of the United States Coast Guard, prosecutors said.
    While in Old Lyme, Brown’s fiancee asked a friend to take Brown on the friend’s boat. As the boat was backing out of the slip, prosecutors said Brown informed the boat owner that ‘‘I am commandeering your boat. Your boat is now a U.S. Coast Guard vessel.’’

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ing-officer/hfWldHJ4yeWF5iCZkUUzSP/story.html

4. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

If I had a son ....

tsunami likes this.
  5. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

They were talking about this at the doctor's office the other morning. I'll say the same thing here that I said there. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has a family member who's actions I wouldn't want to be judged by. Every family has at least one person that is an embarrassment be it a sibling, aunt, uncle, 2nd cousin once removed, whatever there's at least one in every family.

frank likes this.