Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police Say Suspicious Items Found On Man In Manchester Neighborhood

Video: Police Say Knife, Duct Tape, Gloves Found On Man

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- A man was arrested in Manchester early Thursday morning carrying what police called burglary tools.

Jonathan Belanger, 29, pleaded not guilty to charges of prowling and possession of burglary tools. Police said he was stopped near the intersection of Amherst and Lincoln streets at about 2 a.m.

"As they approached the subject in their car, he quickly changed direction and appeared to be concealing something in his sweatshirt," Officer Paul Rondeau said.
Police said Belanger cut through back yards and behind a car before he was stopped. The officers then discovered several items they said Belanger was hiding.

"When they initially made contact with this subject, they observed something in his sweatshirt that concerned them," Rondeau said. "For their safety, they did a pat-down search, and when they searched him, they located a role of duct tape, a large steak knife, a nylon stocking and a pair of latex gloves."

Based on the discovery of the items, police arrested Belanger. He was released on $1,000 bail.

Amanda Sickler lives with her boyfriend in the neighborhood where Belanger was arrested.

"It's a little scary," Sickler said. "I don't want to live here anymore, probably, but I'm used to it now, I think. I've lived here for about a week or two."

Belanger's trial is scheduled for Oct. 8.

http://www.wmur.com/news/16914004/detail.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts