Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a post card from the Malden PD (civil service) the other day saying that they are looking to hire 11 permanent reserve police officers. It also says that I need to show up in person before September 2nd if I am interested.

Few questions that I have

- Does anyone know what the reserve officers do in Malden? All of the other reserve positions that I have seen posted from other departments appear to have nothing to do with the civil service. THis card was from the civil service and I was wondering if these were part-time police officer positions or more of a parade detail type position?

- I have also heard a few different things about what I will be doing when I go down to the station in reference to the position (as the postcard asked). Is this to just sign something expressing my interest in the position or is this more of a interview type deal where I should bring my resume?

- Not sure if anyone will know but if I did indeed get this position, would my name be taken off of the list to be hired as a fulltime PO in Malden?

Thanks

·
is Goin down the bah
478 Posts
I'm sure the card says "Full-time Reserve" on it, this IS in fact civil service.
Since it is civil service they hire their Full-time employees from their reserve list.

You need to report to sign a list that goes back to Civil Service, no resume needed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I believe Malden creates an internal hiring list from the reserve list. They hire their full time officers from the reserve officers. It's kind of a loophole to the normal civil service hiring routine. I don't know what the reserves do in Malden.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if anyone can tell you what a reserve does in Malden. These will be the first 11 that I know of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts