Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requirements
-Must have Successfully Completed at a minimum the Massachusetts Basic/Intermittent Police Academy
-Must have a Massachusetts Unrestricted Class "A" License to Carry Firearms
-Must be able to qualify with Duty Firearm
-Must currently have or have the ability to obtain First Responder / CPR Certifications
-Must have a clean Criminal record
-Must pass a background check
-Must be eligible to be sworn in through city hall
-Must be 21 years old
-Must have High School Diploma or GED
-Summer and winter uniforms will be paid for by the city however all duty gear including firearm is the responsibility of the new officer
-Must be able to donate time on a semi regular basis for charity events

Interview will consist of a panel of Officers

To apply email resume to [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a good opportunity for experience and people to attend a ton of training, the department will sponsor Officers for training they desire and some training is eligible for reimbursements by the city.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
Are they as professionally led as the Lowell Aux?o_O

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
No academy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Code 3

·
Super Moderator
6,665 Posts
Love how you need an academy for an AUX POSITION!!! So much for stepping stone, but perfect for a rocking chair.

Reactions: Code 3

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,584 Posts
I'm amazed that an unpaid volunteer position has so many REQUIREMENTS! Come on people, REALLY?

When I started as an Aux. all I needed was a desire to work. learn, listen to my seniors and at the time, my town had one of the BEST auxiliary departments in the area. Things have gotten VERY competitive.

Reactions: Goose and Hush

·
MassCops Member
568 Posts
Kilv-
I never was an Auxiliary, was fortunate to get on a year after college in RI,
but I would imagine things have changed significantly since even the 80's and 90's, all in the name of liability.... Too many people pointing fingers if the sh*t hits the fan and too many ambulance chasers.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,584 Posts
Kilv-
I never was an Auxiliary, was fortunate to get on a year after college in RI,
but I would imagine things have changed significantly since even the 80's and 90's, all in the name of liability.... Too many people pointing fingers if the sh*t hits the fan and too many ambulance chasers.
I have NO doubts. I know not long after I left the R/I academy was required, then the department was disbanded.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts