Maine SP PAT... | MassCops

Maine SP PAT...

Discussion in 'Maine' started by Foxy85, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Reading through the old posts, I think I saw someone state that all of the LE's agency's in Maine are thrown into one academy.....and that the State Police academy is like an advanced training school or something.....can someone clarify this?

Also what does the Maine PAT consist of and what are the requirements to pass it.....thanks for any info.

2. Lost

Lost MassCops Member

All full time police officers in Maine attend the basic academy in Vasselboro, Maine for 18 weeks, unless you can get an exemption. All troopers go through what I believe is a 9 week trooper school. PFT is listed here, I am fairly confident that it is accurtate, although I guess there is always a chance that MSP has higher requirements.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/mcja/forms/pdf/fitness%20testing%20protocol.pdf

Good luck, it is a very squared away and professional agency.

3. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

One more question.....I can't quite find anything on how to sign up for the ALERT test....there is an application that is like a job application, but I wasn't sure if that is the one to fill out and mail in to take the ALERT test, or if you want State police then you just mail in the application and they send you a response for the ALERT test....how does it work up there in potatoe land?

4. co2

co2 MassCops Member

Foxy85 just call them up and ask them when the next test is. They will let you know. Thats what i did they will help.

5. tigerwoody

tigerwoody MassCops Member

The PT test is pushups, situps, and the mile and half run. the run was tough because it is inside and it is humid as hell on the upstairs track. The ALERT test was so easy it was scary...if u read everyday like a book or newspaper you should be fine