maine pd's | MassCops

maine pd's

Discussion in 'Maine' started by countryboy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. countryboy

countryboy MassCops Member

does anyone have any info on the hiring process for maine? i have a interview next week for a real small town up there , theres like 10 officers there including the chief.. and does anyone know what the ALERT test is?

2. GD

GD MassCops Member

8 years ago I took the test and the physical agility in York, ME is it was less then impressive!!!

3. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

I went through the process for York P.D in 2003, I was very impressed. Some of the guys at the agility were on about a year and loved it.

4. texdep

texdep Subscribing Member

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The ALERT test is kind-of like the civil service test. The maximum you can score is a 70, minimum passing grade is a 37. My brother, who's on the job in Maine, tells me you need at least a 50 for the larger departments (Portland, Augusta) to consider you, the smaller departments require at least a 45.

6. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

Did he say if it was hard or easy?

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

He said it's basically a reading comprehension test, he scored a 68 without any sort of preparation, so it's not rocket science.

8. bandrews

bandrews Guest

Maine isn't such a bad place to work. I know York is well respected in the law enforcement community. Very busy department with top notch equipment and quality training.

The alert test is nothing to worry about. It is a comprehensive test that you can't really prepare for. You either pass or you don't. I think I have only heard of a handful of people that struggle with it.

There is also a huge demand for quality guys in Southern Maine York County. Check out the websites or call some of the local PD's and good luck!!!

9. countryboy

countryboy MassCops Member

i had an interview with eliot pd a few weeks ago, i thought i did well but i never heard anything from them. they asked me the questions said good luck and that was it