magizine safety/disconnect | MassCops

magizine safety/disconnect

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bigtim2186, Jan 5, 2013.

1. bigtim2186

bigtim2186 New Member

Hi all. I haven't been here in a while, couldn't remember my other username. For my department (which hopefully I will be hired for a PT road job soon, currently dispatch) I need a magazine safety/disconnect for my M&P .40. The department requires it. S&W said they wouldn't install one, but a private dealership may. I found a guy in Peabody that will do it, but was wondering if anyone knows of a place closer. I live south of Worcester. Thanks all.

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

In all seriousness...buy a new gun and keep the old one if you can afford it. The LE price on a M&P from a LE distributor is something like $439, and you can get 2-3 15 round mags with it too.

pahapoika, LGriffin and GARDA like this.
  3. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

A poor carpenter blames his tools too. Not necessary, but just my thoughts.

4. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

I thought this thread was about how to REMOVE one, which I would have done for you. :D:D. But this is a sad little thread.

Do they have trigger locks on them in the holster? Rofl

USMCMP5811, LECSniper, frank and 2 others like this.
  5. bigtim2186

bigtim2186 New Member

Ya, it does suck. But I'd rather use my own than use one that every part-timer uses. Not knowing the cleanliness of it.

6. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

I didn't even know such a mechanism existed. They trust you to carry a gun, but require a safety if there is no magazine?

Wut??????

7. Dan Stark

Yup. When magazine drops, a lever drops down that was held up by magazine. It moves trigger bar over so the trigger loop can't activate sear.

8. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

9. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

thought the M&P came in both versions.

one with the mag safety and one without.

the gun room in Worcester is the only place i can think of. maybe they know a local smith

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

WTF, Over???

Are you saying this gun is like a whore and everyone fucks it? It's a gun. Yes community guns do suck. If Peabody is your only choice, go to Peabody. Frankly I am surprised that the Admin of this PD would even want someone from the outside to finger-fuck your duty weapon. We can't even change grip panels on ours without an OK from the department armorer.

Magazine disconnect??? What a fucking joke. Do they want a 50LBS. trigger pull too? Nitwits.

11. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I carried the Sig 229 DAK chambered in .357 Sig for work and loved it, always scored high in my quals and never had a single issue with it. I would definately buy one if I wasnt broke.

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Magazine disconnects used to be standard on many pistols, including the shitty 1st and 2nd generation S&W autos. I went to Hingham PD years ago to get a prisoner on a warrant, and there was a sign stating to leave your magazines before entering the cellblock. I did (their house, their rules), but my SIG P-226 would have fired without it.

263FPD, mpd61 and Killjoy like this.
  13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

During a recent basic police pistol operator class two Sig 229 DAK's had significant problems during the course that required armorer-level maintenance. Both were new pistols that has out-of-spec parts in them. One student had to borrow the spare 229 from another department to just finish the course. DAK's were an abomination, if your department uses DAK's, all I have to say is: best of luck to you, I hope your pistol works when it needs to.

14. Dan Stark

I agree KJ. The last training I was at (3 days of pistol), there were SIGNIFICANT problems with Sigs on the line. Not just the caliber of the problem, but the sheer numbers of them relative to the guns that everyone else were carring.

Killjoy likes this.