Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if you can add more than 4 charges on a cititation using maccs or etickets. Just to save you the hassel of starting a whole new ticket just to include additional the charges?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You would think with the electronic format you would be able to add in additional charges. It’s definitely easier than the traditional hand written ticket but still would be helpful to have that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RodneyFarva

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would think with the electronic format you would be able to add in additional charges. It’s definitely easier than the traditional hand written ticket but still would be helpful to have that option.

You could also print the criminal app + the citation right in your car.:unsure:

·
Southern Campus Cop
175 Posts
Hey, it could be worse. Here in NC, our e-Citation program allows us to put up to 10 charges on a citation, however we are mandated by the Administrative Office of the Courts to only put two charges on each electronic citation. The reason? Paper citations only allowed for two charges each, and the state doesn’t want to lose out on the $193 in court costs they get per citation. So if I write one e-cite with 10 charges, the courts get $193. But if I write 5 cites with 2 charges each, the state makes $965 just in court costs.

It’s totally not a racket or anything.

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, it could be worse. Here in NC, our e-Citation program allows us to put up to 10 charges on a citation, however we are mandated by the Administrative Office of the Courts to only put two charges on each electronic citation. The reason? Paper citations only allowed for two charges each, and the state doesn’t want to lose out on the $193 in court costs they get per citation. So if I write one e-cite with 10 charges, the courts get $193. But if I write 5 cites with 2 charges each, the state makes $965 just in court costs.

It’s totally not a racket or anything.
Dude, drop a dime! Here let me start it for ya.

Dear Ethics Commission: (fill in blank)
Sincerely.
Officer Anonymous.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Mississippi. One charge, one ticket. Two charges, two tickets. Three charges, three tickets. Plus, special DUI tickets just for DUI offenses.

Plus a summons book for affidavits on misdemeanors.

Reactions: RodneyFarva

·
Registered
13 Posts
Issue the cite then go to actions and continue citation and you can add more charges without putting the operator and vehicle info in again.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Issue the cite then go to actions and continue citation and you can add more charges without putting the operator and vehicle info in again.
Will that allow you to add more than just 3 charges per citation or does that just generate a new citation for you with less work? Either way sounds like it helps, thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Will that allow you to add more than just 3 charges per citation or does that just generate a new citation for you with less work? Either way sounds like it helps, thank you.

It will assign a second citation number but saves the hassle of entering everything again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Oh just quit fucking whining and do your jobs!!!!
Or stop CMVI Stops. "Oh Poopies! I can only do speeding + three!" Grow up and shut up!

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh just quit fucking whining and do your jobs!!!!
Or stop CMVI Stops. "Oh Poopies! I can only do speeding + three!" Grow up and shut up!
I purposely scratch out the "Speed 90/17 90/18" box and write out in above space with a crayon. Then save the carbon paper.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts