MA/RI/CT/NH/VT Air National Guard contacts? | MassCops

MA/RI/CT/NH/VT Air National Guard contacts?

Discussion in 'Military News' started by Javert, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Anyone out there? Looking for info on carears in the ANG, can someone PM me?

2. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

I was in for a while... I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have. A friend of mine is a recruiter. I can put you in touch with her if you'd like....

3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I know a couple guys that are in the NHARNG now, Ill PM you contact info.

4. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

TRPD...

I am ETSing from the Reg. Army in 12 months and just looking at ALL my options.

I guess I am looking for the basic opinions of the rank and file. Also, I would like to stay a Chaplains Assistant (CA), so I am looking for the promotion track for the career field, as in what is the highest rank I can attain in that field in the ANG? Is there any state who has a higher CA then another? I am a currently a CPL (P) on my 3rd deployment looking to pick up SGT before I redeploy in OCT11. Will I be able to keep my E5? I would assume that the highest CA is probably a staff slot at the State NG HQ, an E7 or E8 I would imagine. I did the Reserves in HS (Army, split op), went RA once I graduated, been here since, almost 3 years. I would like to add my RA and AR time (18 months reserve, what will be 45 months AD…minus 3 months terminal leave from my 4 year AD contract) to my ANG career. So, if I had it my way, I would like to only do about 16 years ANG, if possible (anyone know if it is?) Also, as to promotions, I would like to rise to E7 over 16 years, nothing less. Well, that’s all the things I am looking at I guess, any help would be great. I know about the differences between AF and Army promotions and such. Please PM me with that recruiters email. Thanks!

5. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Q5, thank you, I am seeking info on the Air NG thou (not the Army). I know a few guys in the MA ARNG, there the ones who pointed me to the Air NG, lol. And yes, a BN is the start for most CAs, most are E5 slots. A BDE CA NCOIC is an E6-7.

6. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

I have a contact number for an Air Guard recruitet in NH if you want it. PM me and I'l PM you the number. Lots of openings in the medical units there.