Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Lynn woman claims police brutality

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Delta784 
#1 ·
A Lynn woman says a Saugus police officer knocked her to the ground, jumped on her back and arrested her during an incident in late August, leaving her bruised and shaken, all because she had stopped to try to help a fellow church member.

Debora Merida, who came to the United States from Guatemala when she was just 15, but is now a legal United States citizen, pulled her car over to the side of the road in Saugus because she knew her friend - who had been stopped by police - didn't have a license and she believed the woman would be arrested.

"My first (thought) was the children, what's going to happen to them," Merida told the Daily Item during a recent interview.
The Daily Item: Lynn woman claims police brutality

Why would anyone in their right mind stop behind a police officer because they saw a friend get pulled over? Oh that's right, because they're entitled, self-important people who do not have to understand let alone follow the rules of civilized society. Anyone want to bet that her "friend" is here illegally? She's upset at the way things happened, too bad. She had plenty of opportunities to affect the outcome and chose not too.

Here are a few suggestions for next time:
Don't let your "friend" drive without a license and unrestrained children.
Don't stop to help your "friend" after they've been stopped by police.
Don't stick around after the officer tells you to leave.
Don't fight the handcuffs (I'm not experienced with them but one can presume that they hurt less and cause fewer marks if you don't struggle).
Don't put yourself in a position for your children to witness your arrest.

As for the little woman vs the big mean cop argument, I think everyone here is aware of "little" women who go totally psycho like yippie little chihuahua's barking and nipping.

I'm sick and tired of these idiots who do the wrong thing bitching and moaning that they weren't treated the way they wanted to be treated. Tough noogies, you were treated the way you deserved to be treated. Follow the rules that all the rest of us have to follow or suffer the consequences of your actions and choices.

I only skimmed a few of them, but surprisingly the first few comments were in favor of the officer.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always loved those concerned folks who want to help their friends, regardless of the circumstances. The Police are there, either they'll help your friend, or your friend is in trouble. Either way, there's almost NOTHING you can do but get in the way. But try to tell these idiots.....

FUGGEDABOUDIT!

G
#13 ·
J'ever have a motorist stop behind you on a traffic stop? Pretty unnerving, to say the least, no matter who it is.
I was in NH over the weekend, and passed a local PD officer on a traffic stop. There were 2 people standing outside the vehicle, and this was on a desolate, windy road in the middle of the White Mountains. I was going the opposite direction of the stop, and about 1/4 mile away, there was a car stopped on the side of the road with the driver observing the traffic stop with a pair of binoculars. I turned around, went back to the stop and approached the officer, displaying my badge as I did. I told him what I saw, and said I would wait until backup arrived (I was carrying), but just then a trooper pulled up, so I left.

#6 ·
Had a stop one night where the vehicle pulled into the darkened lot, just past the pumps, of a gas station that was closed. While dealing with that vehicle and its occupants, I had another idiot come off the roadway, squeeze his stupid f*cking beemer BESIDE and slightly to the rear of my cruiser, so he was next to the gas pump. Completely and utterly brain dead, apparently ignoring all the pretty blue flashy lights and spotlight pointed at another car. (Ooh, Muffy, look! Just like in the movies!) I tell the first car to scram, while walking back to the BMW. Dipshit proceeds to roll down the window, and says, "Oh, are they closed? Do you know where I can get gas?" Class-A tongue lashing ensued, followed by yuppie douche with tail tucked between legs finding alternate fueling location post-haste. Thought for sure a complaint would arise from that, but never did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.