Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
I like eating too, especially all the good food back here in the east, not to say there isn't good food out west.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,473 Posts
Henry Hill order pasta when he went into the Witness Protection Program and all he got was egg noodles with ketchup. Good food is to be CHERISHED!

One look at me and you can see I live by my beliefs.

Reactions: northshorepi

·
Subscribing Member
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
60,000 hits on this thread, that's a lot!

For those few of you who are still interested in giving us a try, now's the time. We are still hiring, albeit not as much as we did in years gone by. I'm still happy to help anyone who wants it while I'm still here but I don't have too much time left before I retire and move back there. I can still help once I'm retired but I have better contacts while I'm still here.

Good luck to anyone still willing to give this still honorable profession a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Below was my initial post talking about my excitement to start the application process with the Los Angeles Police Department.

Today I am officially finished with probation and am now a P-2 Dawg!!!

I’ve been on the streets for 1 year and some change. In that time I’ve chased gang members in vehicles and on foot, saved lives, been shot at and I’ve loved every single second of it. I am so lucky to have this career for the next 29 years.
Thank you LA Copper and everyone else for the help and advice.

TIME FLIES WHEN YOURE HAVING FUN
Been lurking this entire thread and I’m so stoked. I fly to Los Angeles the last week of March to go through the expedited process. I have a 2 year degree and 3 years of corrections experience.

It’s been in the negatives where I live now. Can’t wait to make my dream come true and move to LA to be a part of the best department in the world.

Is this still active? LA COPPER where ya at!? Lol

·
Subscribing Member
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Congrats SD, I can't believe it's been a year already since you graduated the academy! You're no longer a Boot!

Your probationary year has been extraordinary to say the least, what with all the weirdness we've had in the country. Kudos to you for still enjoying it. 30+ years later and I still love it too so we have something in common. While we certainly aren't perfect, I still believe we have a great department and am proud to be part of it.

Where are you looking to wheel out to? Keep me in mind in if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Congrats! That’s awesome and stay safe. It’s reassuring to see you’re motivated and positive in today’s climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

381 - 393 of 393 Posts