Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Most of the central part of Los Angeles (City and County) is laid out in grid-like, North/South, East/West streets, with the E/W streets being (mostly) numbered. Learn the named "big" N/S and E/W streets, and you can have a pretty good handle on where you're at. Of course, that only works if you have a reasonably good innate sense of direction, i.e. which way is north, south, etc. Then, if in doubt, you can always say something like "I'm two streets east of Central and two blocks north of Imperial." Of course, you really wouldn't want to be there, unless you have at least two guns, right LA Copper?
Looks like the corner of East 114th and Hooper Ave?

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
As you know, all very dangerous places to police. The Pueblos is where our gang officer was shot in May.

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Hi Colonel,

The National Asian Peace Officers' Association is having a Leadership Training Symposium at that location so I'm guessing our recruiting folks are piggy backing on that to see what's up.

Maybe I'll take a drive by and say hello. Would you like to join me there?

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Looks like LAPD will be holding a test in Boston. August 22 at the Westin Hotel. Any info on this LA Copper?

LAPD Testing at NAPOA Conference - Boston
Here's a great opportunity for those of you thinking of joining the LAPD to come down to the Boston waterfront and meet up with our recruiting folks. They are just the folks you want to talk to. I think I might even stop by. Who knows, maybe I'll join up!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sup Folks
I received the official call for hire yesterday around 1030am. Im officially in the Oct 28th class...known to the LAPD as the 10-19 class! I cant believe I work for the LAPD. I cant get to starry eyed though, the real work begins now.

LA Copper & this thread are a great resource. Ill be back with more updates during the academy! The next 6 months of my life will consist of academy, studying, academy, studying...….and In N out ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sup Folks
I received the official call for hire yesterday around 1030am. Im officially in the Oct 28th class...known to the LAPD as the 10-19 class! I cant believe I work for the LAPD. I cant get to starry eyed though, the real work begins now.

LA Copper & this thread are a great resource. Ill be back with more updates during the academy! The next 6 months of my life will consist of academy, studying, academy, studying...….and In N out ;)
Congratulations and good luck!

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
Sup Folks

That's awesome ! Have been advocating any young people to seriously consider LAPD and the great resource in one of our best members LA Copper :cool:

·
MassCops Member
316 Posts
Sup Folks
I received the official call for hire yesterday around 1030am. Im officially in the Oct 28th class...known to the LAPD as the 10-19 class! I cant believe I work for the LAPD....... ;)
Congrats! No more snow, unless you choose to visit it! It was 42 years ago this month that I loaded all my earthly possessions into my 1963 Chevy and drove to L. A. to join the other big Los Angeles agency (LASD); my class date was also October....... you'll like the much better running weather than a summer class! Never regretted leaving MA and I'm still here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sup Folks

Congrats!

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Congrats SD. Another masscops success story!

Anyone else willing to make a move? We're always hiring and put an academy class through almost every month. Plus you don't have to worry about that pesky old Civil Service thing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update.

Im currently in Week 2 of the academy. My class has 50 recruits. Our DI is amazing and our class is really starting to come together. The biggest thing here is PAY ATTENTION lol. There are little itty bitty details they tell us and we need to follow through or else it can be BAD. LAPD is such a well oiled machine, its easy to tell why this place is the best of the best.

Ive lived in California for less than a month and I love it. The weather here has consistently been in the 80s which is a big deal for me because, as i type this, its snowing back in South Dakota where Im from! lol.

I gotta go study...Ill be back sometime soon to provide another update.

As always, if you are considering coming to the LAPD, REACH OUT TO LA Copper. He is a part of my story and helped me out tremendously.

Talk to you soon folks!

341 - 360 of 392 Posts