Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

181 - 200 of 384 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
There's been about five officer involved shootings in this area in the last three days. Things are getting crazy out there!

·
Subscribing Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
As long as team blue is putting rounds on target, and sustain no injuries, it's a win.
So far, we're good. We even had an off-duty officer on his way home from work, witness a shooting/homicide and became involved in an OIS. You never know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
haven't been on for a while but i wanted to reach out to anyone looking to head out to LA to test. Feel free to private message me any questions you may have regarding the expedited process. I went out in October and passed everything up until the background portion which I am currently undergoing. I should have been close to being completely done but I was able to put the process on hold for up to one year due to a death in the family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made it out to LA a couple weeks ago and LA Copper gave me an amazing tour! I'm from a pretty small town, so I wasn't sure how I was going to like LA, but after that tour I'm very impressed. Things are definitely done differently out there, but for good reason. And the city is much nicer than I expected!

I did run into a snag during the expedited testing, however (certain indiscretions in high school lead to a mix up during my background interview). I should find out what the outcome is in a week or two, so if anyone has any questions about the process while it's still fresh in my mind feel free to message me.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I made it out to LA a couple weeks ago and LA Copper gave me an amazing tour! I'm from a pretty small town, so I wasn't sure how I was going to like LA, but after that tour I'm very impressed. Things are definitely done differently out there, but for good reason. And the city is much nicer than I expected!

I did run into a snag during the expedited testing, however (certain indiscretions in high school lead to a mix up during my background interview). I should find out what the outcome is in a week or two, so if anyone has any questions about the process while it's still fresh in my mind feel free to message me.
It takes every fiber of my being to not go out there haha best of luck!

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts

The background check out there seems to be the thing that jams people up. Growing up in the city just about anyone i knew would get into a scrape now and then. Good luck with the testing. You will definitely be doing some serious police work out there :cool:

·
Subscribing Member
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 · (Edited)
It takes every fiber of my being to not go out there haha best of luck!
What's stopping you? You're only getting older while waiting to get on back there. That's what was happening to me before I came out here.

If nothing else, you come out here, get on the job, get some excellent training and experience, (enjoy the great weather) then move back there and get hired. I know a few who have done exactly that. Although I know lots of other guys who decided to stay and make us a career, myself included.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
What's stopping you? You're only getting older while waiting to get on back there. That's what was happening to me before I came out here.

If nothing else, you come out here, get on the job, get some excellent training and experience, (enjoy the great weather) then move back there and get hired. I know a few who have done exactly that. Although I know lots of other guys who decided to stay and make us a career, myself included.
I say it all the time. If I had it to do all over, I'd have gone to LAPD.

Always busy. Plenty of action.

But then all you folks here wouldn't have ever had to listen to me bitch about not getting on, and how DT still lacks more ground fighting.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I say it all the time. If I had it to do all over, I'd have gone to LAPD.

Always busy. Plenty of action.

But then all you folks here wouldn't have ever had to listen to me bitch about not getting on, and how DT still lacks more ground fighting.
If I dont get on the next BPD class I'm going out of state.

·
MassCops Member
306 Posts
......... If nothing else, you come out here, get on the job, get some excellent training and experience, (enjoy the great weather).......
Ahhh yes, the nice weather....... It was about forty years ago that I abandoned my dream of a MA law enforcement career and moved to Southern California for an LE job. LA looked real good on TV, and I was young and tired of snow in the winter and hot humid sticky summers, so I loaded up my 12 year old Chevy Impala, headed west, and never looked back. Right now I am lounging in my backyard, enjoying my retirement and the 75 degree weather.

·
Working for the clampdown
617 Posts
Ahhh yes, the nice weather....... It was about forty years ago that I abandoned my dream of a MA law enforcement career and moved to Southern California for an LE job. LA looked real good on TV, and I was young and tired of snow in the winter and hot humid sticky summers, so I loaded up my 12 year old Chevy Impala, headed west, and never looked back. Right now I am lounging in my backyard, enjoying my retirement and the 75 degree weather.
Yup. All good until the big one hits and Cali slides off into the Pacific.
I'll take my bunker in an unspecified Northern New England state any day. Snow and all. The Federales will never take me alive!
MSW: Good for you for knowing enough to get out and enjoy your retirement. Seven years for me...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Everyone,
My buddy and I just finished the week long expedited testing process LAPD offers to out of towners. We completed each step successfully and now we're just waiting to be called back for the psychological interview. I'm from the northeast and this experience was definitely worth it. While I was out in L.A. I had the opportunity to meet with LA Copper, he's a great guy with a wealth of information about the city and department. He was extremely welcoming and was always there every step of the way for any questions we had. We went to various neighborhoods where MS13 and 18st gangs started to million dollar houses in the hills, we were also able to check out some divisions. I'd say if you are thinking about coming out to test just come out and do it, you really can't get better than finishing all the steps in a week. It was really an educational experience and by far the Los Angeles Police Department is the most professional PD I've seen with endless opportunity within the department. If any of you guys have any questions about the process at all or where to stay please feel free to send me a PM.

181 - 200 of 384 Posts