Looking for someone with a police supply store. | MassCops

Looking for someone with a police supply store.

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by DodgeRam, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DodgeRam

DodgeRam New Member

Ok so I have a problem and need some help here folks: I ordered some batons from a police supply store they keep pushing back the ship date, its been over a month 1/2 now. I have approved city PO in hand.

- I need 15- Monadnock Expandable Straight Positive Lock Batons MX-24 Epoxy 1" Diameter

- I need 18- Monadnock Polycarbonate Front Draw Baton Holders
    MX Front Draw 360. Swivel Holder Clip-on

- Need in-hand by Weds OCT 29. (Express shipping? Metro Boston) Might be able to pick up if close enough to Waltham, Belmont, Watertown.
    I have approved PO of $921.62 (which means this is all I can spend)

If there is anyone who can help me out please send me a message and hopefully we can work something out. Thank you.

2. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Won't Monadnock sell direct to your department, I thought they did.

3. DodgeRam

DodgeRam New Member

I have no idea, I can give it a shot. We have always gone through a police supply store.

4. lawdog671

lawdog671 MassCops Member

Try Neptune Police Supply in Haverhill.....ask for the "Super Jew"...

5. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

I had to buy a friction lock baton, 1. because my chief likes them better for some reason, and 2. Trippi's employees said that Monadnock orders are on back log for at least 4 months because they are filling military contracts....

Just what I've heard.....I haven't seen any monadnock batons in my area.....

6. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

Myrone is still around? I thought his son is in charge now.

I remember the old days of trying to haggling "SJ" down on his prices. Made the trip worth it.

7. lawdog671

lawdog671 MassCops Member

You really think he wouldn't be involved??...lol

8. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

No need to ask for the super jew he still answers the phone "neptune's home of the super jew"

9. Sarge31

Sarge31 MassCops Member

Try Galls.

10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Doughboys Police & Fire

Kingston,MA.

781-585-3000

worth a shot

11. DodgeRam

DodgeRam New Member

Literally tried all over the state/country. From what they tell me the manufacturer is out of stock and won't have any in for a while. I'm just going to tough it out.

12. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

Friction lock batons like ASP are more reliable. If you draw a Monadnock auto-lock baton too quickly, it often times wont lock the cylinders and you end up waiving around a limp dick. It happens when the ball bearings dont lock up.

13. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Friction lock batons must be "whiped out" though, which is tough to do in tight quarters. I prefer the monadnock because it can be pulled out manually and whipped out.

14. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Pardon me while I whip this out...what movie?

15. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

16. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

I prefer the friction lock. I am a MEB instructor and have experience with both types and prefer friction lock. The button on the back of the autolock tends to fail. The "bounce back" problem exhibited by the autolock models due to the ball bearings not locking properly, can leave you with a limp end, thus increasing your risk of injury.

If your in such close quarters that you cannot even draw your baton properly, then I would suggest using another use of force option.

17. DodgeRam

DodgeRam New Member

I have no choice in the matter, have to go with the department policy. I have since learned that the batons I need are being shipped oversea's to train police in the war torn countries.

18. sb12586

sb12586 New Member

ya i bought my supplies from www.galls.com awesome site my shipments came in 3 days

19. JeepGirl

JeepGirl MassCops Member

i really like Sentry in Chicopee...

just dont to go Worcester County ... they take forever on Everything...

20. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I guarantee you could find all that stuff on privateofficer.com.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.