Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our combined Police/Fire/911 communications center recently received funding for console improvements. Our station is barely 6 years old, but the dispatch console is outdated and disorganized. I am looking for thoughts/ideas on how we should go about changing things.

We currently run two dispatchers per day and eve shift, one on mids, and occasionally there are three (i.e. training). We currently have two calltaker/dispatcher stations. Two fully functional positions are required, and a third backup/emergency station would be ideal.

We currently have separate pushbutton consoles for our radio system, Zetron fire station dispatcher, Digitize fire alarm panel, sallyport and elevator controls, CCTV system, door intercom, door lock control, and telephone recording playback. We use the computers for CAD and have a separate PacketCluster computer. Add in the 911 APU's and business line phones and you have a lot of stuff spread out!

I would appreciate some feedback as to how other departments have their areas organized. We are looking into computerized radio and fire apparatus systems - does anyone have any experience with these? Our CAD system (Pamet) tends to have enough problems on its own and we are leery of adding more essential functions to the computer if they will not be reliable.

Also, are horseshoe-shaped positions with a shared CJIS terminal on a swivel the best idea?

Any thoughts, ideas, comments, photos, diagrams, or suggestions would be appreciated! Feel free to PM me if you have sensitive information you are willing to share.

Thanks,
-Mike
Bedford Police/Fire

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you would like to take a road trip to Marblehead I would be happy to show you our dispatch console and set up. This would allow you to form your own ideas of what you may want. Private message me if this sounds like something your interested in.

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.