Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any other college police department other than quinsig that are hiring. Looking to find a campus police job around worcester.

·
Subscribing Member
4,392 Posts
Funny thing about the UMASS job listings. I was at the hospital couple of weeks ago and spoke to one of the UMASS Police Officer and I asked him why they had so many openings. He said the ad was misleading, its not for police officer, its for security officers that will be licensed under 22/63. The UMASS cops are under MGL Chapt 75. He said those guys don't carry, don't drive the cruisers, are not under state retirement and have nothing to do with them. He said they had n o openings for a while because no one leaves, they make lots of money and seems the guys are very happy there.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yeah, Its UMASS Memorial Hospital. They ARE a Campus Police Dept. It is NOT part of UMASS medical School and they have 2 or 3 Cruisers. No Ch. 90 though. But it is Police - Hospital Police, the Brass currently carry firearms, which is expected to trickle down to the Officers soon too. They tend to lock up junkies alot.... It's in a interesting neighborhood, diverse, if you catch my drift... Lot's of thieves... There are 3 "UMASS" Medical Facilities in Worcester - 1 being the actual University.

The pay is OK, not as good as the UMASS PD's, but equal to most Campus PD's...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Looking for college police forces hiring around worceste

I recently went to Umass-Memorial on a work related issue, while I was there a small wide guy with no neck wearing a security uniform came up and starting talking to me. I got the hint that he was not all there. It turns out that he was one of Umass Memorial's elite, although if you asked him, they are right up there with the state police. I'd look into that place a little closer before applying.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts

I should have also said that they do have a few "Security" Officers... and yes, they are NOT prime USDA Choice... The Campus PO's are pretty good though.

·
Still [] Square
195 Posts

WPI is hiring. Great dept. Least, last I heard and checked the JOBFILE on leaps they were hiring. Assumption too. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.