Looking For A Vest | MassCops

Looking For A Vest

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by radiocop102, Feb 5, 2009.

1. radiocop102

radiocop102 New Member

I'm not sure how they measure them, but I am 6'5", 220lbs. Does anyone have one they're selling or know where I can find one?

John

2. MPD703

MPD703 Subscribing Member

Any cop shop should be able to help you out or try one of the mail order/internet places. I am not a huge fan of Galls but they do have rebranded vests (ABA I think) that they sell under the Galls name. Binachi just started selling vests under the Lawman brand. Never seen one of those but the price was not bad.

3. radiocop102

radiocop102 New Member

Thanks, I guess I'm looking for a used one though.

4. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

5. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

Sweet Chinese Jesus, you'd trust your life to something you bought second-hand from craigslist? Remind me to tell you about that sale on the Brooklyn Bridge, great opportunity

6. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

I'm with Hawk on this one. If you are going to skimp on something dont pick the vest. You might as well carry an unloaded gun too. Not trying to be a jerk but think about it.

7. MCADPD24

MCADPD24 MassCops Member

I have to agree with Jett and Hawk. Vest get worn out, from sweat and movement. Sometimes when you fold them they get ruined. If you are gonna get a vest, buy it brand new.

8. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Don't buy a used one its nasty!!!!:NO::uc:

9. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Foxy 85 had one for sale a couple of months ago, might be big on you though.

10. radiocop102

radiocop102 New Member

Looking for a Vest - Clarification

I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not looking for a ratty, old, bullet riddled vest. I'm looking for a used vest that perhaps someone was just wearing "yesterday" but got fired, retired, quit, promoted to administration, or for whatever reason doesn't want anymore. I'm not looking to take it rather than you just throwing it in the trash because you don't feel safe wearing it anymore.

Does that help?

John

11. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

Radiocop, you should be aware that kevlar vests degrade from moisture and sunlight in even the best conditions, and for all you know the guy you're buying it from kept it in a swamp. Buy new, don't take risks. Just look at the second chance scandal...

12. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I can tell you that the armorer on my job has shot an old vest with positive results. He took one that someone in uniform used regularly for over four years and it stopped the bullets that were shot at it.

Now at the risk of sounding like I just came out from under a rock, what second chance scandal?

13. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

14. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

LMAO your a jerk and :L: :L: funny as hell!!!!!!!

15. MCADPD24

MCADPD24 MassCops Member

The best advice we are giving you is don't buy used. Buy it brand new, and it will save you headaches.

16. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

17. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Ya thats all bad! Thrilled I dont use second Chance!

18. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

SARCASM :rolleyes:

19. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

Yep, my pistol is loaded with a mix of armor piercing sarcasm and hollow point irony rounds...

20. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

DAMN and my vest is by Second Chance and not rated for armor piercing sarcasm or hollow point irony rounds!!!

21. Simon

Simon Guest

You can have Andy's vest but he's not letting go of the bottoms too easily...........

[​IMG]

22. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Bwaaahahahahahahhaha

23. ecsc130

ecsc130 New Member

what are you looking to do with this vest (training, running, etc) ?

no patrol activities I would think.................... the other guys are right about buying used ones for patrol, its like buying used rubbers, they might fit but damn they are nasty and may not work.. just a thought though.

:doctor:

Erick

24. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

:uc:

Here is an idea:

[​IMG]