Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the full time academy as a self sponsor, I was wondering if anyone knows what city/town departments would be good for me to apply to. I know it is a process, but are their departments out there who aggressively seek out candidates with full time academy.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Sure southside. There are TONS of PD's in Florida looking for trained, qualified, mature individuals to fill their ranks. As they say on the Price is Right...........Come on Down!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mitpo62 @ Sun 15 Aug said:
Sure southside. There are TONS of PD's in Florida looking for trained, qualified, mature individuals to fill their ranks. As they say on the Price is Right...........Come on Down!
Yup my thoughts exact. I have downloaded about 10 applications for Fl departments. Just getting sick and tired of trying here in AS$achusetts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Town of Swansea is hiring reserves but that is the only way to get on full time there. I know they just hired four but they should have more opening in the next year plus you get lot of experience because they hate to pay overtime open shifts are filled one overtime to one reserve patrol shift. Per the union contract.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Swansea PD is an excellent place to begin. Start as a reserve officer, put in your time, get appointed full time. They have expanded their department by 7 patrolmen in the past 10 months. Also, like kmf294 stated, both Rehoboth and Seekonk are good departments to work for and are currently hiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.