Londonderry PD uniforms | MassCops

Londonderry PD uniforms

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by countymountie, Jul 3, 2015.

1. countymountie

countymountie MassCops Member

So I was driving through the land of the free on a much meeded excursion out of the commonwealth the other day, and found myself in the town of Londonderry NH. Apparently their patrol uniform is tan 5.11 cargo khakis, black polos and black outer vests w/POLICE across the back, and I've got to say not only do they look comfortable but surprisingly sharp and still professional! It was a cool looking departure from the LAPD blue. Thoughts?

2. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I happen to like LAPD blue. Why do we have to "depart" from it?

dano448, sdb29, Mr Scribbles and 4 others like this.
  3. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I live in the next town over, so I see LPD all the time driving on 102. At first I believe it was just the airport patrol that wore those, now everyone in patrol has them. It is damn comfortable... I wear 5.11's (I'm in and out of ambulances all day) and a black polo shirt (has our company logo) for work everyday.

I have a feeling LPD is a great place to work. Someone told me they do a ton of firearms training. Great part of NH too.

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

My guess was summer uniforms :D

6. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

The standard military style police uniform in it self a level of force and authority. Meaning: "i'm here because someone fucked up and I may have to arrest or charge you or someone with a crime" I much rather look like an officer then a camp counselor (I don't plan of hugging your problem away) Also kids remember when you dawn your badge, it is never a "shield" a Shield is something you hide behind, a badge is representation of you as a COP.

BxDetSgt, sdb29 and LA Copper like this.
  7. felony

felony MassCops Member

Londonderry used to wear light blue shirt, dark blue pants. Unless it was a detective wearing a polo, a lot has changed since I passed through.

8. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

About time you said something that made sense LOL!!!!!!!!!
    :p

BxDetSgt and mpd61 like this.
  9. smitty1369

smitty1369 MassCops Member

The MP's are starting to switch over to the outer vests and I must say they're much more comfortable and you don't have that uncomfortable sweat going on as much as you do with the regular vests. Only thing I don't like as much is the drop holster we wear with it, slows me down a ton and when you run with it you're constantly worried about your weapon.

Mr Scribbles likes this.
  10. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Tan pants are for Feds.
    [​IMG]
    I could barely keep my tan dickies pristine in the academy, never mind rolling around with obamas people every day.
    I'm sure it's comfortable but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are some traditions you just don't mess with and this is one of them. The only ones suggesting PD uniforms need to change are those who are either lib attorneys or broke.
    It's bad enough that they play their little games when stopped in an unmarked. Change the uniform and you give the uninformed more opportunity to disobey, escalate and complain.

11. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

The 5.11s & polo is great- for a training uniform.

The outer vest is a whole other topic. Out West and down south there are many Depts that have gone to these - with both the uniform shirt outer or Tac vest appearance.

The sticklers for traditional appearance and liberal cligers to scary police appearance are the biggest opponents to this equipment.

Many Police managers don't realize the benefits these have- primarily saving OUR BACKS. With the addition of Tasers along with other patrol equipment we carry our backs get wrecked. These vests serve to alleviate long term injury sustained over a career of weight on our hips.

The vest can also be taken off easily for situations that warrant it (court, paperwork, water rescue, whatever).

Mr Scribbles and pahapoika like this.
  12. pahapoika

Would love to have the option of vest carriers. Allot more comfortable and still keep the traditional look.

Throw in a pair of suspenders and be happy :cool:

Mr Scribbles likes this.
  13. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

As a "veteran" Officer with arthritis in my left hip (I'm left handed) I'm sure it's been caused by the wear and tear of about 30yrs carrying an extra 10-15 pounds around my waist-outside of my skin you haters(not 44 years of hockey, softball,football, etc;)). After the Marathon Bombing and its aftermath in Watertown, I picked up a tactical vest carrier, but would gladly swap it for the sleeker model issued to Sgts, DCU and YVSF cops that spread the load with pockets for your gear. It is a world wide Police standard, and as Tac noted (have I ever commented that I love your Frank Booth avatar) it is a ceritifed back and hip saver. Years back I bought a surplus pair of padded suspenders to hook on the gunbelt for long days(parades, marathons, etc) that work well but not the same. Just my pair of copper lincolns

FAPD and TacEntry like this.
  14. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I'll tell you this, from seeing them as frequently as I do.

The only member from LPD I talked to said he likes them. I got stopped in my work vehicle, forgot to put my new reg sticker on.

It's a decent look, but there's something to be said about the traditional uniform. Call me a purist.

15. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

A lot of the younger guys are sporting those, and they claim it's comfortable.
    There's a H&S request from the Union asking for a study involving a High Vis carrier, specifically for the bike unit but if it's a hit- may spread throughout patrol.
    As anyone with time on knows, the vests have come a long way both in comfort and capability, it's time to bring the carriers to the same level

MPOC9, pahapoika and Ghost12345 like this.
  16. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

MPOC9 and pahapoika like this.
  17. felony

felony MassCops Member

Agreed, I am a die hard for tradition, as is my agency. I have to wear my hat to every call, I have to wear a tie during winter months, hell I even have to salute superior officers. Don't mess with the machine if it isn't broken. Tac vest, drop holsters, t-shirts, polo's can be for special assignments that require you to run and gun.

FAPD likes this.
  18. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

I like tradition just as much as anyone. It has its place. Times change, equipment options get better. We need to take advantage of better technology.
    Keep the traditions like saluting superior officers. Lose the "lets invade Poland" costumes.

pahapoika likes this.
  19. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    HistoryHound and Goose like this.
  20. pahapoika

It could always be worse.......................... :D

[​IMG]

Ghost12345, Goose and LGriffin like this.
  21. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Looks more like Steve from tech support than a police officer.

FTH, pahapoika and FAPD like this.
  22. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

It's New England! Looking sophisticated is a must!
    [​IMG]

23. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Now THATS what I'm talking about.

24. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

FTH, if you made this up, BRILLIANT. If you didn't make it up, I love that you found it.

FTH likes this.
  25. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

I wish I could take the credit for making it :) I would add a can of all-organic tear gas blend to the belt :rolleyes: