Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Does your dept. have LOJACK?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting a few more LOJACK units for our dept. and was wondering if LOJACK has changed their policy at all on donated units. For a city of over 42,000 on a state line they gave us one unit a few years back and said if we wanted more that it was $1500 per unit.

Paying for these units seems a little ridiculous given the fact that we are doing their job for them you would thing that it would be in their best interest to just donated the location devices.

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
Gil said:
Paying for these units seems a little ridiculous given the fact that we are doing their job for them you would thing that it would be in their best interest to just donated the location devices.
What Lojack is primarily interested in is being able to advertise that "XX% of departments in Mass. have Lojack enabled cruisers." So, by donating one unit, they accomplish that goal at a minimum cost. Remember, they are a business, so what matters to them is their bottom line. Donating additional units just takes away from their profits.

Of course, the more units they put out there, the better their recovery rate and recovery time. But I guess they already have pretty good numbers (it was like ninety-something percent in the first 24 hrs.), so no real need for them to spend money to improve it.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well just got off the phone with LOJACK rep and have another donated unit coming our way. Nice enough guy but at this rate (1 unit every 3 years) it will take another 25 years to outfit half the fleet :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have a fairly small department, but right smack in between Worcester, Leominster, and Fitchburg and recover a good percent of thier stolen vehicles. How does a department go about requesting a unit be donated?, do they install it as well?, how about the training?. I would be intrested in obtaining one for our department, any info would be great.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just called and asked for a unit, not sure on the install I think they do that on site. Pat did mention that it is a different unit than the one we currently have so when he gets back from vacation he wants to set up a training session.

http://www.lojack.com/law-enforcement/index.cfm

Law Enforcement Liaison List
Each LoJack area of operation has former law enforcement personnel serving as official liaisons between LoJack and local law enforcement agencies. These liaison personnel schedule training, provide equipment, and serve as advisors to system users. Contact an LE in your area for a list of agencies in your area with trackers. Click on a representative's name to send that individual an e-mail request.

MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE
Pat Clancy
Westwood Executive Center
200 Lowder Brook Drive
Suite 1000
Westwood, MA 02090

Email Form
http://www.lojack.com/law-enforcement/portal/liason-list.cfm

Pat Clancy [on vacation the 17th for 10 days]
Vice-President
Law Enforcement Div.
781 471 2558
781 471 2610 FAX

LoJack Corp.
90 Glacier Drive
Westwood, MA 02090

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUE said:
We have a fairly small department, but right smack in between Worcester, Leominster, and Fitchburg and recover a good percent of thier stolen vehicles. How does a department go about requesting a unit be donated?, do they install it as well?, how about the training?. I would be intrested in obtaining one for our department, any info would be great.
Just got the unit installed today, it was a fast process (about 45 mins) The rep that came to install it (Craig) also checked the other unit we have, gave an impromptu class to a few of the guys as well as complementary hats etc...

The new units are nice, you won't hear a peep out of them until you get a hit, no more noise from the tower etc...

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
I get confused between LOJAC and LOMAC
:shock:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lojack Code

Are we supposed to be able to do a Q2 and enter the lojack code on the laptops (MDT's) ? We had a hit the other day and it would not come back on the laptops. This was also an issue when we tested the new install a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Re: Lojack Code

Gil said:
Are we supposed to be able to do a Q2 and enter the lojack code on the laptops (MDT's) ? We had a hit the other day and it would not come back on the laptops. This was also an issue when we tested the new install a few weeks ago.
We just got one in my department and when I was reading the manual it sounds like you have to enter the code directly into LEAPS computer, not on MDT. At least thats how I understood it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts