Login Problems? | MassCops

Login Problems?

Discussion in 'Registering & Login Troubles' started by Gil, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

Some members have contacted me stating that they are having trouble logging into there MassCops account on the board.

Please post your username and what error message you are receiving.

Also provide me your email address so I can contact you when the problem is fixed.

The ones who where having trouble just needed a password reset but for some reason the only reset that was working is one done by the admins and not the users.

Working on fixing the password reset today.

Thanks
    Gil

2. Gil

Ok I have found a hack for the password problem. If you are having trouble logging in click on the link (lost password) enter your LOGIN name not your old displayed name and the email address associated with your account.

If anyone is still having problems post it or email me.

Gil

3. PearlOnyx

PearlOnyx Subscribing Member

Hey Gil,

Not really a log in problem, but I did notice today that the moderators screennames have disappeared from under the topics. It now says "Campus" "Corrections" etc.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Hi having problems

michaelbos states no valid name or password

[email protected]

Thank you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Hey Gil

Having log in problems. Warning is telling me they don't recognize log in name or password. Then I request new password to email address but it never arrives. Any help would be appreciated.

Username is NortonComm5

Email- [email protected]

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

login

Says invalid name and password..

username is massirishcop

email is [email protected]

7. Gil

I sent you an email..............

8. Gil

Re: login

massirishcop

How many post did you make? Remember as stated in a few areas on the board if you don't post the board automatically deletes your account after a certain amount of time. (30 Days)

I can not enable your account because it no longer exsist. You will need to register again.

Gil

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Can Not Log In

Hey Gil,

Some guys at work have been telling me they couldn't log in and I've been laughing at them cause I haven't had a problem. Well today I go to log in and the joke is on me. If ya could please re-set my password I hope that will help. My username is NortonComm5 and my email is [email protected]ks..

Eric

10. Gil

Re: Can Not Log In

I already did, I sent it to your aol account because of you first post.... Just sent another one....

11. ROBOCOP1982

ROBOCOP1982 Subscribing Member

Me too, I couldn't log on all day at work. Then I got back to my room and I could???? Can I only log on from my room?

12. Gil

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Says inactive username or invalid password.

Username: Winthrop806
    EMail: [email protected]

14. Gil

I have sent you a new password...... jimbo yours has also already been reset.

For anyone else having problems with your login use the link below the MassCops logo (only visible when not logged in) "Login Problems?" As long as your email address has not changed you can reset your own password with the above link.

Important: Once you receive your new password to your registered email account you will need to click on the activation link in the email before you can use the new random password that was sent to you. The activation link and the new password will be in the same email and sent to the email address we have on file in our database.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Login Problem

Gil,

Having problems also . . . everytime I goto the site I'm told my password has expired. I click the link in the email and then get back into the site where I change my password back, but then next time I goto log in, I'm told it has expired. I just went thru all the motions again and had a new password emailed to me, but now that password isn't even being accepted. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Member Name: 725
    [email protected]

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Cookies? are you blocking cookies from the site?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

login woes

everytime I return to check posts..I am told my password is inactive. I have asked for a new one 5 times now..and changed the temporary one each time after logging in. Yet each time I return...my "new" PW is inactive again. Could I have an admin work their magic?

davemcs

[email protected]

Thanks

18. davemcs

davemcs MassCops Member

cut n pasted from above:
    apologies for the double post..please delete the guest post above

Having problems also . . . everytime I goto the site I'm told my password has expired. I click the link in the email and then get back into the site where I change my password back, but then next time I goto log in, I'm told it has expired. I just went thru all the motions again and had a new password emailed to me, but now that password isn't even being accepted. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Username: davemcs
    Email: davemcsjr at comcast.net

19. futureofficer04

futureofficer04 New Member

same here i've had 8 new passwords today....everytime I log in I need a new password.

20. Gil

ok tonight I am going to revamp the message board and remove some of the hacks that have been causing problems.

Sorry for the problems, they will be corrected tonight.

Gil

21. union1

union1 Subscribing Member

Masscops is quickly becoming similar to the Pentagons computer, I can only log in from one computer consistently. :D

22. Gil

Passwords

Ok I think I have resolved the password issue. Please let me know if anyone is still having problems.

Thanks
    Gil

23. Gil

Any problems logging in within the past 24 hours? anyone ?

24. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

can't log in

Hi gil, can't log in changed my e- mail please reset password new e-mail is [email protected] Thanks D.M. :oops: :oops:user name lapd714 error /inactive

25. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I think I am all set now, Thanks!!