Littleton PD Reserve Officer | MassCops

Littleton PD Reserve Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by j809, Jan 27, 2009.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Reserve Police Officer – Littleton Police Department. The Town of Littleton is seeking qualified applicants for the part-time position of Reserve Police Officer. Responsibilities of this position include all areas associated with that of a certified and sworn police officer within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Applicants will engage in a training program administered by the Littleton Police Department, which will prepare the individual to effectively serve the Community of Littleton as prescribed by the Policies and Procedures of the Littleton Police Department. Successful completion of said program will result in the certification of the individual as a Reserve Police Officer for the Littleton Police Department and qualify him/her to serve in all capacities related to that position. Qualifications: Successful applicants will possess, at a minimum, certification from a Reserve Intermittent Police Academy as administered by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee. Additional areas of study/ degrees/certification/experience within the discipline of Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice will be taken into consideration. To apply, please submit resume and cover letter by 2 February 2009 to Sgt. Robert Raffaelo, Littleton Police Department, 20 Foster Street, Littleton, MA 01460. AA/EEO

2. BPD110

BPD110 New Member

If I apply and get hired as a p/t in Littleton will they let me borrow a taser for my regular patrol?

3. mase4615

mase4615 MassCops Member

Anyone know about this job? PM me

4. rr40

rr40 New Member

BPD110 - Only if you hire me as a reserve first.

5. BPD110

BPD110 New Member

come on over. We already borrow your drug testing kits because I cant read german

6. copper24

copper24 MassCops Member

They hiring full time soon?

7. Unit23

Unit23 MassCops Member

I doubt they will be hiring full time soon because they just put two on last year.

8. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

great pd took over 495 patrols from a troop, lots of action , new fleet of Dodge Chargers, new station on the way too

9. copper24

copper24 MassCops Member

Thanks for the info

10. rr40

rr40 New Member

Town currently has a hiring freeze with the exception of reserve position.

11. johnjohn

johnjohn MassCops Member

Anyone have any idea what sort of canidate they are looking for? How important is LE experience? I am trying to get my foot wet but have no experience.

Anyone who can help me out? Please PM me.

12. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Just one foot?

Experience is always key to gettingon, but occasionally you come accross some depts./Chief's that are willing to give you a chance with little to none. Everyone has to start somewhere....keep applying reguardless..

13. BennyBulldog

BennyBulldog MassCops Member

Re: Littleton PD Reserve Officer
    great pd took over 495 patrols from a troop, lots of action , new fleet of Dodge Chargers, new station on the way too

No one took note of this? C'mon!

14. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Lol

15. rr40

rr40 New Member

Most of what J809 said is true, the 495 patrols are debatable.....

16. mase4615

mase4615 MassCops Member

Has anyone else applied for this position? If so, have you heard back from them?

17. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

I got my FU letter from them.

18. mase4615

mase4615 MassCops Member

When did you get yours...I haven't heard anything as of yet.

19. BPD110

BPD110 New Member

Probably had nothing to do with your stellar attitude

20. po-904

po-904 MassCops Member

Anyone know what they pay reserves?

21. Foxracingmtnridr

Foxracingmtnridr Subscribing Member

I got it last Saturday I believe.

Hey I'm happy I atleast got a letter saying thanks but no thanks and I greatly appreciate their time in the matter. Departments that don't even do that much have made me bitter over time. Sorry.

22. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

I got the letter too...It was a shot in the dark anyway, the place is over an hour and a half from me.

23. mase4615

mase4615 MassCops Member

I wonder if mine got lost in the mail....I will try and stay positive!

24. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

It's tough to send out hundreds of thanks but no thanks letters, especially in these hard financial times.

25. Macop

Macop Subscribing Member

I bet H.P.D wished thay had sent you a fuck off letter Yimmy, now there stuck with your sorry ass.