Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across a nice State Police Crown Vic model, but I noticed that it's missing some details. I'm thinking about fixing it by painting the lightbar and trim. Here's where my question comes into play. I've been looking at pictures of MSP Crown Vics to see how the lightbars are set up, and I've noticed that the front center lights on the Whelen bars vary. Some cruisers have a single white strobe in the center, while some have two. Does anybody know what year it was when the cruisers had one strobe in the center and which had two?

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
MT1,

Quick question sort of on the subject. I work in the A/H area I have seen several cruisers with LED light bars. Are they just a test to see how MSP likes them or are they going to be the new thing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MT1: Thanks for the info!

Also, about the car's year, I forgot about adding that. Right now, the car is a '99, but I'm thinking about making it either a 2001 or a 2002 CV.

luap112: The last I heard about the fully-LED lightbars is that they're testing and evaluation units. Though I have noticed that the lightbars on the 2003 + cruisers have some LEDs on the lower level. I'm sure somebody else here knows the definate answer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
thank you gentlemen,

That would explain the every now and then LED light bars I see on the MSP units out on the roads of this great state. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.