Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that if you get convicted for possession of 94C you get your license suspended? I think I remember one of my instructors in the Academy saying yes, but I can't find it anywhere. I know it happens for trespassing and wantonly injuring property, but anything else?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Yes , posession of 94C violation will get your license suspended once convicted(NOT CWOF), guilty finding. The officer has to issue the offender a citation under 90/22F and list Possession of Class D or whatever. Minor in Possession you can do the same, but you write the cite under 138/34c, I believe that is the MGL. Also the citation does not get issued to offender, you put it with the court complaint or arrest paperwork. Once convicted, the court forwards it to the RMV. I don't even tell them that a citation was written.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Hey Dunny,

Just issued ones of those yesterday

I think 3 pounds qualifies. ;)

Just goes to show you don't speed when carrying large amounts of weed in your car.

Didn't even think twice about stopping him even with the MPA sticker applied to the back window.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by Gil:

Didn't even think twice about stopping him even with the MPA sticker applied to the back window.
Gil, please tell me you scraped the sticker when you hooked his shit.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
MPA stickers mean nothing everyone has them. I love the one with the police hats in the back or the police patches on the dash board.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Yes it was removed.

MPA, MASSCOPS & FOP stickers, emblems etc are handed out like candy, and should never weigh in on your decision to stop or not.

Suspect said it was on the car when he bought it but that was probably only one of the many lies he told us that day.

Side Note:

Dunny have Merry call me I need money for the VHS tapes to get theses dam things out to the troops.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dunny,
You just have to write an administrative citation, and if found guilty their license is suspended. You can write one for any 94C violation or minor possession of alcohol. I've written several. Wrote one about a month ago after I locked a kid up for dope, and then arrested him again last week for operating on a suspended license(He couldn't figure out why his license was supended. I was gonna tell him, but decided not to) How's things in Falmouth working out for you?

·
Registered
221 Posts
How do you write that up for Minor in Poss or 94C. Do you just write out a cite with just that violaton? Do you check off arrest or criminal app? Which copies go where?
Thanks...

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
From what I was taught, Criminal App, and staple to arrest paperwork. And that there is no need to notify the offender about the citation...

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
GPD11 said:
How do you write that up for Minor in Poss or 94C. Do you just write out a cite with just that violator? Do you check off arrest or criminal app? Which copies go where?
Thanks...
Criminal Application:

All the copies including the violators copy are attached with the report and submitted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts