Licence Plate time travel | MassCops

Licence Plate time travel

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by RegularMaJoe, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RegularMaJoe

RegularMaJoe New Member

Hello I have a question about Red vs Green Mass plates. My neghibors kids car has had red plates for over a year and a few weeks ago I noticed the car now has a single green. The plate is the same number as the red plate that was on the car. I looks like they must have purchased a relistice replica. Would there be any way for law inforcment to know what color plate the car should have?

2. MarathonRunner

MarathonRunner MassCops Member

Will fail safety inspection.

3. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

If you run the plate there is a field for color R or G.

RegularMaJoe likes this.
  4. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Not 100%. So long as the green is still clearly visible and has no marking issues, it's good to go.
    Is it good enough reason for a stop? To investigate RMV Forged Documents, or a general 90/6 stop?

5. MarathonRunner

MarathonRunner MassCops Member

Good to go for a legit legible green plate.

Missing front plate and the color code R is a no go at inspection stations. One of the first things checked before going further. Mass inspection includes photos of the plates.

6. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I think there’s a place down the cape that refurbishes green plates and makes them look brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooty and Hush like this.
  7. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

There is, and he does great work.

8. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

yup.

visible25 likes this.
  9. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

I need his number!

10. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

Here's the rub... anyone can look the plate up online and find that out. :rolleyes:

11. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

My Greenie has been passing inspection since 1982 :p

12. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Meanwhile some of the red ones lost their color coming out of the wrapper. My daughter was getting gas one day and the mechanic at the gas station was giving her a hard time about hers telling her it should have never passed. Not sure what he thought he'd gain from that conversation. Clearly he had never met my daughter before or he would have known it wouldn't go well for him.

Sooty likes this.
  13. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

If he was issued a 2-plate series (red) then he needs to display both plates. If he made his own green plate, Forgery of a RMV Document, felony.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Sooty and RodneyFarva like this.