Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Best of luck to the new recruits. What class number is this? I was in the 71st BTC at MCI-Shirley in those days. Where do they hold the acad now?

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Dogma20001";p="68014 said:
Got mine yesterday. Have to call by the 11th.
Hey! Same here, except they want me to come down on July 12th for testing.

Has anyone does this before, it seems like it's going to be a long day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To all who are going to test.

Listen up!!!!!!!!!!

Do not stop at the amount of pushups and situps. Do as many as you can. Keep on going until it is physically impossible. The DOC looks at this as positive. Several person's were not selected because they did the minimum mandatory for this part of the test. They should be putting a ton of officer's on the job. 150 Sgt's are being promoted. So they should be having many academy classes throughout the year. Good luck guys

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Good luck to everyone going through the process. To reiterate what BOSSMAN said "Listen up!!!!!" J/K
But he's right go to muscle failure on both pushups and situps. It shows your motivated and really want the job. For the weak runners I suggest getting with someone there that can run and pace off them the best you can. .2

·
Registered
97 Posts
AMEN to all said. Give 110% to everything.

There's about 46 going through the academy now, with many more to come. The DOC is about to promote a 150 CO's to Sgt so they will need to back fill as many of those CO's as possible.

Yes the academy is still at Shirley, MA. I will have to look into how long it is now. It depends on the flavor of the month. Bank on between 8-10 wks.

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Yeah, you all will give it a 110 now, but wait until you get about 1 year on and then lets see how motivated you will be. Nobody is saying not to do your best, but the real test lies in 1-5 years from now. Just how squared away will you be? Will you still be all spit and polish? Don't forget, the morale in the DOC is at an all time low. Will you fall into the majority or the minority? Just remember this: you will be influenced strongly by your peers and it is up to you to decide if you want to be a good CO or a s**tbag.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Good Advice for any endeavor Nirtallica.
Don't let the naysayers, complainers, and do-nothings ever get to you; no matter what you do for work...
There will always be those that piss and moan, and those that do.
Rise above all the BS and simply do your job...
Judging by the quality of CO's that post here; there should be plenty of good guys to form an early attachment with and use as a mentor.
Good luck guys!

·
Banned
340 Posts
KozmoKramer";p="68024 said:
Congrats Dogma! You Made It In...=D>
If Dogma received the same letter I did, it was not an offer of employment. It was a letter stating that they've completed the pre-employment background check, and have cleared you to proceed in the employment screening process. I've till July 11 to respond.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Yeah I received mine yesterday. I gotta call that lady tomorrow to schedule my PAT/Interview, etc. Have you been getting ready for the run Dogma? That's what usually disqualify most candidates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, been running for a while. Tell you the truth, alot fail the sit ups believe it or not. Call them when you get the chance, they are scheduling for next Wed,Thurs, Fri. Good Luck. See you there

·
Banned
340 Posts
Dogma20001";p="68452 said:
Yeah, been running for a while. Tell you the truth, alot fail the sit ups believe it or not. Call them when you get the chance, they are scheduling for next Wed,Thurs, Fri. Good Luck. See you there
Now that you mentioned it yes, a lot of people do have difficulty with the situps. That soon for the scheduling huh? I have to call that lady first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck to you too.

I use to be able to run a 17 min 53 sec 3 mile PFT in the Marines. Now my run time is not so good. I don't believe I'll have a problem with the run, but I'm kinda nervous. I stopped running for a while. Good luck to too.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Push-Ups have always been my Achilles-heal.
I always have trouble doing them properly and am afraid when my time comes, that's what I'm going to get busted on…

I just have to keep at it and hope I can at least do the 16 (min) and hopefully a few more accurately. Persevere I guess…

Those of you who take the PAT, please report back and let us know what it was like and how persnickety they were on the form. Good Luck boys!!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sit ups always kill me. It sucks because after doing the push ups and sit ups you do the run. Personally my upper legs kill me after doing sit ups. When I start getting tired during the sit ups I start using my legs to get myself up. So what I do is 1 or 2 sit ups more than the requirement so I do not burn out my legs. I have a pt test coming up for the DOC (not for the academy but for something else). I hope I can pass it. I have been lazy and not practicing. :oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.