Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on payday this coming Thursday, I am writing a check to help Gil with mantaining masscops.com - i have never met Gil but like the rest of you have enjoyed this site. Establishing and running a web site costs money, money that he could be using to pay his personal bills- this has been free for us, but costs him plenty... show your appreciation and honor, - if you are a participant or reader of this site and would like to keep it going - then do the right thing and make a donation - his address is clearly posted. like many of you, i have kids, a mortgage, bills, etc - i don't have much but am willing to help - anything you can donate will help Gil keep this site going - just donate something and help the guy out - he's been there for us... be there for him - just do it - are you in ?????

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Jimbo, the cost to run the site is nowhere what it used to be thanks to Adam over at Server City. The donations would be used to enhance what we already have. The free email was limited to 100 mail boxes for $9.95 a month we are almost at the limit and the next step up is 250 mail boxes for 29.95 a month plus the cost of the server is the only real expense that we have right now in maintaining the site. We do advertise on Google and the Google ads shown on this site pretty much take care of the advertising we have to pay them.

The other banners (although some are annoying) are also helping to offset the monthly fees. It would be appreciated if some of you would just visit the sponsors advertised on the site once an a while.

There is also the Streamlight raffle that should be coming to an end hopefully by Christmas. CQB Arms has also came up with some idea's on raffling off a new Sig but we are still looking into that.

While donations are always accepted, please do not go out of you way to make a donation. The site will be here for some time to come. If it ever came to the point where money was desperately needed to run the site I would let you know.

I would however simply request that you just continue to spread the word about MassCops, maybe submit a link to the site on another law enforcement site that you visit, let some of you co-workers know about etc...

I am really hoping that MassCops becomes one of the best resources for law enforcement in Massachusetts. A clearing house for training information, job postings etc... There are many really decent applications that I would like to implement but they will take time and money and I think to get the site where I want it we first have to work on new members that bring in fresh idea's and fresh discussions. There is nothing worse than having a message board / website out there that nobody utilizes.

Jimbo thanks again.

Take care,
Gil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts