Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Legality of Air Horn in Car

8K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  k12kop 
#1 ·
so I bought a vehicle earlier this year from someone. The car overall is nice however the horn is complete shit. It's super quiet and sounds really feminine if you know what I mean. I purchased a siren box that has a air horn on it (specifically for the horn) and mounted the whole box under my seat so I cannot just hit the siren while driving or bump it accidentally. I wired up my horn to the siren box so when I hit my horn the air horn goes. My question is whether or not I'm allowed to use that as a horn. I'm an explorer with my local police dept training and hoping to one day be able to serve my community. So I'm trying to keep my nose clean and don't want to do anything that will end up on my record. Please let me know what you know. Thank you guys

#28 ·
Hey Vas from Apple Valley, Minnesota, originally from Moscow, Russia, (Yup I found your FB and it wasn't too difficult), please do yourself a favor, and ask the same question of the cop who you are posing with in a June 2016 photo while you're wearing your red graduation cap and gown, about the legality of an air horn for a civilian in your state. This is MassCops. Motor vehicle laws may vary.

Now...

Since you are 19 years of age and are clearly interested in Law Enforcement, secure your damn shit on social media and blogs. If you ever reach the point of having a background investigator checking in to you for employment purposes, you will be sorry you posted any of this shite. And then you will be coming back here, private-messaging me or another admin., begging to get your junk deleted. .

Wonder if we will accommodate you....
Well to start, thats not my legal name. But I know the power of a quick search. My advisors have found my social media sites before. I think its impressive. Sorry i have not checked this for a couple of days. Currently my car is out of service for now, needs new brakes and an oil change and sounding a little rough. I saw that O'reillys (however you spell it) you can buy replacement vehicle horns so I might just pick one of those up. When I ask any of the officers I know they give me a simple answer, "its what poeple portray it as" I dont want to do anything thats borederline, its not worth my future. Thanks for the advice.

#30 ·
That is very true. But I reply to things when I see them. I had it running in the background on my phone all day in safari so Im not sure if that had anything to do with it, and my laptop at home was left on yesterday as well. Also I was adopted when I was three so the only Russian I really even knew was Da and Niet and Thank you (not sure how to write any of them in Russian). I hope to one day go back to school to learn it. However for a second language I took 7 years of spanish and can understand an entire conversation, speaking it is a little more difficult, however I am planning on taking another year of it in college. Thank you, the academy shouldnt be to difficult, i started working out a lot more recently. I have an interview on thursday for a Community Service Officer position so wish me luck. Thank you for your service and stay safe.

#33 ·
I tried to install an airhorn, but it just was a loud recording of my more impressive farts. I wish Vas much luck with his car. Buy American and the horn will make North Koreans shit themselves. Buy Japanese and it will simply defend itself....

FOR NOW!

I believe Kim Jung In has awakened a sleeping Giant......

Reactions: k12kop and Goose
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.