Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long the layoff list is currently? I know a lot of guys have been called back to work and few towns have hired.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
We are in the process of interviewing for a few open positions but CS is pushing for the dept to go by the layoff list. The first three pages are Springfield cops then Taunton. Who the hell is going to want to travel from Springfield to Attleboro on a daily basis....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Harley 385???!!!!!! Hey now, can't you find something a little more original??????? I feel so dirty and used. :shock:

·
Registered
968 Posts
It's pretty sad that all of us who want to become cops and have families in our hometowns have to take a number due to the budgets of Springfield and Taunton. Oh well, this is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I feel bad for those laid off and hope they get rehired in their hometowns. It be nice if the State would step in and give some money to Taunton and Springfield, but first we have to make sure that Romney eats because we know how short on cash he is. :roll:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are CS cities and towns "required" to hire from the layoff list, or can they still hire from the list compiled from the last test?

Ryan

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
ryan933 said:
Are CS cities and towns "required" to hire from the layoff list, or can they still hire from the list compiled from the last test?

Ryan
As far as I know they are not required to but are strongly encouraged to hire off the layoff list. it just seems unreasonable to expect a dept halfway across the state to hire 7 guys that are just going to leave when Springfield gets their budget back on track. Then the hiring dept. will be right back in the same place they started, short handed and looking to fill gaps and having to wait almost a year to get the guys/girls fully trained and on their own.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
shawnr76 said:
but first we have to make sure that Romney eats because we know how short on cash he is. :roll:
Open mouth and insert foot. The state's deficit of $3 billion is not Romney's fault or the legislature's fault, its just economics. The deficit was where it was before Romney got elected and Swifty was still our Acting Governor. Also before you repeat the "Romney eats" quote again, here's a tip, Mitt Romney and Kerry Healey are not receiving any payment for their entire terms.

Back on topic though...I know that in late July a city in southeastern Mass. went through the whole Lay-Off List and there were only 2 people interested. Both were from Springfield and both changed their minds shortly there after so I honestly don't know how many people who are on the Lay-Off List are even interested in being hired by any other communities.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Bad me for being upset with an elected official who I elected to do a job which he is failing to do. Sorry Irishpride, you are right I shouldn't disrespect the guy, after all he did swell at the Olympics. =D>

·
Registered
43 Posts
shawnr76 said:
It's pretty sad that all of us who want to become cops and have families in our hometowns have to take a number due to the budgets of Springfield and Taunton. Oh well, this is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I feel bad for those laid off and hope they get rehired in their hometowns. It be nice if the State would step in and give some money to Taunton and Springfield, but first we have to make sure that Romney eats because we know how short on cash he is. :roll: Bad me for being upset with an elected official who I elected to do a job which he is failing to do.
Open mouth and insert both feet. Your line of thinking : I am not a police officer in my hometown, and I am still not going to be a police officer in my hometown because Springfield's and Taunton's bugets. Romney could fix this all and I could be a police officer in my hometown of course :oops: , but he is failing to do the job I elected him to do.

Massachusettes is in the situation that it's in for lots of reasons. The big dig, Sept. 11th 01', The war on terror, etc. etc... Seriously, shawnr76, how do you think Mass got the way it is? Are you sure your going to like police work? Cause you have a narrow field of view.

·
Registered
968 Posts
dimen24 said:
Open mouth and insert both feet. Your line of thinking : I am not a police officer in my hometown, and I am still not going to be a police officer in my hometown because Springfield's and Taunton's bugets. Romney could fix this all and I could be a police officer in my hometown of course :oops: , but he is failing to do the job I elected him to do.

Massachusettes is in the situation that it's in for lots of reasons. The big dig, Sept. 11th 01', The war on terror, etc. etc... Seriously, shawnr76, how do you think Mass got the way it is? Are you sure your going to like police work? Cause you have a narrow field of view.
Dimem24,

Before you speak, ask what exactly the point is. I spoke about Romney due to an incident in my town that I witnessed first hand. I am a strong supporter of his who happens to be unhappy with a situation. One of the key responsibilities in government is public safety, Romney is failing at this. I can debate with you all night, but it seems too complex an issue for you. Sorry if you are offended, last time I checked I didn't know I was supposed to get your approval for my OPINION. Don't act like a bonehead by talking about 9/11 or the war on terror. What foolish crap is gonna come out next.......That North Korea is to blame for my high tax rate. I come from a family of police officers and know alot more than you think. If I wasn't going to like it, I wouldn't be pursuing it. You say I have a narrow field of view. How about your narrow view.....You are judging me by a post I made on an internet website. You must be the same guy who goes into chat rooms and believes that the one you are chatting with does look like cindy crawford and is interested in you, yet in reality it's some naked fat guy eating cheetos. :flipoff:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Enough politics lets get back to the question about the layoff list shall we...

BTW: I voted for Micky :lol:

·
Seekonk Detective
41 Posts
wow pissed off people, hmm, well anyway you must exhaust the layoff list in CS before you are able to hire from the list that will be comming out next month. CS is a great thing if you can squeeze your fat ass through the door....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Easton said:
wow pissed off people, hmm, well anyway you must exhaust the layoff list in CS before you are able to hire from the list that will be comming out next month. CS is a great thing if you can squeeze your fat ass through the door....
I agree with you Easton. My hips are lubed and I am trying to squeeze, door is very small. I hear Kabul has a small list...... :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't judge you, and I am not pissed. You're right the situation is complex, you seem to have found the simple solution, hang Romney. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. As am I :lol:

·
Registered
968 Posts
That's cool... Your post made it seem that because of my anger on an issue w/Romney, that I should really think about if I want to become a cop. I hope you understand the reason for my wiseass comments. Well no harm, no foul. Have a drink on me :t: . Sorry for internet crap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Acctually I laughed. I don't take things personal, and if I was giving it personal it would be obvious. Maybe that seemed personal, wasn't though. Of course no harm done at all, always up for a good debate even if someone says I like fat hairy guys who dress like Cindy Crawford!

HEY NOW! :lol:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Ok looks like I was wrong about the layoff list, last I heard (today) that my dept is hiring two of the laid off Taunton brothers....

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Gil-I can vouch for the Taunton guys-all 5 in our Plymouth Academy (woops sorry to mention that...) class were laid off-all were outstanding guys-especially out class president.... :!:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
40th MPOC#309 said:
Hey Gil-I can vouch for the Taunton guys-all 5 in our Plymouth Academy (woops sorry to mention that...) class were laid off-all were outstanding guys-especially out class president.... :!:
I thought the class president went back to TFD...?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.