Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
G

·
While I agree I'd be upset with not getting an answer, I feel if you need legal representation, you don't belong having an LTC.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
For seeking legal aid in demanding that the Police Chief follow the law as written?
+1 on this. So to be clear Rookieblue, if your constitutional rights are infringed upon you should not seek legal representation and if you decide to do so that makes you unsuitable to exercise that right?

G

·
What I mean is, there should be a different route taken than filing a lawsuit on a police chief. I'm all for lawful carry. But something smells funny. Either this guy has a BOP that makes him not suitable, or something personal is creating an issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,645 Posts
Waaaay off. Some Chiefs flat out refuse to issue LTCs, or only issue target permits. Sometimes seeking counsel is the only recourse.

·
Teufelhunden
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While I agree I'd be upset with not getting an answer, I feel if you need legal representation, you don't belong having an LTC.
I hope you don't wear a badge.

Reactions: Joel98

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
What I mean is, there should be a different route taken than filing a lawsuit on a police chief. I'm all for lawful carry. But something smells funny. Either this guy has a BOP that makes him not suitable, or something personal is creating an issue.
I would guess if he had a BOP that made him not suitable that would have been easy for the Chief and he would have had his answer. The fact that he has no response leads me to believe that the Chief is simply playing f$&k f$&k games.

G

·
I would guess if he had a BOP that made him not suitable that would have been easy for the Chief and he would have had his answer. The fact that he has no response leads me to believe that the Chief is simply playing f$&k f$&k games.
Touché

·
Teufelhunden
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shine some light on this. Because the people I've witnessed that don't get granted an ltc are usually the people who I sure as hell don't want walking around my family and friends with a gun for the wrong reasons.
Because they are much safer if he doesn't have an LTC right?

Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can be secure in the knowledge that had the plaintiff been blessed with a BOP record, we wouldn't have supported him in a challenge of this type. Everett has a year long back log so either all applicants from Everett are criminals or there is a significant problem there.

And considering that one PD just bounced an LTC for an expired auto inspection sticker, that whole "suitability" thing is probably not something one should place much faith in holding up in court over time.

To everyone, thanks for all of the support ladies and gentleman. We share a common goal of making society a safe place for the law abiding.

·
Teufelhunden
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the law abiding subject in the case who has broken no laws and simply applied for his LTC shouldn't get one because the CLEO disregarded the law and the subject gathered legal help?

Good to know. Like I said before I hope an ignorant fuck like you doesn't wear a badge.

Reactions: Joel98
G

·
So the law abiding subject in the case who has broken no laws and simply applied for his LTC shouldn't get one because the CLEO disregarded the law and the subject gathered legal help?

Good to know. Like I said before I hope an ignorant fuck like you doesn't wear a badge.
Like I said before I think there's more to this story. I'm not going to keep going with an argument over the internet because we have different views.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
Much safer no. Safer maybe. An Ltc simply can give them bigger nuts to walk around with a gun in more places.
Whaaat??

You remind me of a guy I know that has on opinion on things he knows nothing about. I'm not trying to be a prick, but before you comment on things, you might want to back up your statements with facts. Comm2a is an organization that fights those infringing on our 2a rights, and yes, suing police chiefs is part of that program. I have an LTC, class A, but it's for "sport a target" only because the issuing body felt it was a good idea. Why? Because some chiefs like to fulfill their own prophecy of being important by ruling/controlling others.

Denying people's rights "just because" fails, miserably. Look at Chicago, they restrict concealed carry permits, not working out so well for them, is it?

·
Teufelhunden
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Like I said before I think there's more to this story. I'm not going to keep going with an argument over the internet because we have different views.
I'm not arguing I'm stating facts. You're ignorant of the law and due process.

G

·
I'm all for right to bear arms. all I am saying is there HAS to be a certain reason why the chief hasn't acted on it. I don't think its a random thing where he just said eh whatever. That's all. If he's a good citizen then yes I agree issue it!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts