Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering of there are any officers out there who are in (or have attended) Law School while on the job. I am planning on going to school at night when/if I get on full time. Curious how you juggle it.... 8)

G

·
Go midnights. Plenty of time to study :rd: and do other things :sl: if you want. Do details on your days off from classes to make up the $$ lost while attending school. In 3 years or so you will be among the "Legions Of Many", a LAWYER. Like we need any more LAWYERS. Go to work for Jim Sokolove & use your blue light to chase ambulances like he does! Good luck. ](*,)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Robocop1982,

Housingcop is right: get on the dogwatch! Not only is the work more interesting, but you are able to "free-up" your schedule to take classes with the lemmings if you have to.

As far as a law degree is concerned: For me it was not an option...I am an honest person and am unable to lie in court (for a client, or a cop). I thought about a Phd in criminology, but the schools are too far away (even in this age of technology, you still have to get to the school periodically to interview with your advisors about your progress...)

In any event, either degree would get you the 25%...

Dave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.