Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'll be home during the month of May for vacation. I know a few of you have been "a bit" frustrated with the local civil service. I also know a few of you have expressed an interest in the LAPD.

So, if you have any questions or want to talk about the job and or living in the west, feel free to PM me. Also, if anyone is really interested, I'd be happy to meet up with you back there. I'm always happy to meet up with folks who like to talk police work and such. There are a lot of guys on LAPD who are from Massachusetts who had the same problems with civil service, myself included so we can empathize! Just thought I'd offer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow what a nice thing to do on your vacation.. your awesome and I mean that.

Will there also be a video presentation? The ones I have seen are very motivating.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I recommend LA Copper for new director of recruiting for LAPD. You should talk wiht them and take over, maybe get some FREE trips back home to Mass and administer a few test to save the ones interested a few bucks. :lol: Seriously tho, its good to see someone that is willing to help out as much as him. Glad to be part of this site, as there are so many men and women already "on the job" that are willing to give advice and assistance to aspiring cops.

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kwflatbed";p="63124 said:
Are you going to be in the old home town of Weymouth for the month?
Yes, with a couple of day trips to New Hampshire mixed in. While the job and the weather out here are great, nothing beats the environment of back there. I love it!

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you FghtNIrsh, I appreciate the compliment. I know what it was like for me when I was trying to get on the job back there. I was just as frustrated as some of you guys. Just thought I'd offer to help.

It would be nice if the Department did pay for a few plane trips back there, though! I think you've got a great idea there. I'll have to mention that to Chief Bratton. See what he thinks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
[quote="LA Copper";p="63135
While the job and the weather out here are great, nothing beats the environment of back there. I love it![/quote]

You should have came out a few months ago and helped me find my mail box... when it was below the snow line.

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clouseau";p="63150 said:
[quote="LA Copper";p="63135
While the job and the weather out here are great, nothing beats the environment of back there. I love it!
You should have came out a few months ago and helped me find my mail box... when it was below the snow line.[/quote]

Exactly why I'm coming in May and not in January! Next year at that time, feel free to come out west and visit us to get away from three feet of snow for a little while!

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Are you going to have a puter connection when you are here? I would love to take a run up there and say hello when you are here.

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kwflatbed";p="63300 said:
Are you going to have a puter connection when you are here? I would love to take a run up there and say hello when you are here.
I must be out of touch. What is a puter connection?

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kwflatbed";p="63341 said:
Are you going to have a computer in weymouth to access the group.
Oh, now I get it... Yes, I'll have a computer...

I take it you're a South Shore guy also?

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Well after a few weeks of trying to get a hold of the expedited testing coordinator for LAPD, I finally talked with her today and she is letting me do the expedited testing despite my minor issues, which are usually not issues anywhere else. I'll be out there the week of June 13th. About a week after that is when I will be getting the "official" decison from the VT state police. If they make me an offer, it will be hard to turn down and wait for LAPD, but if i score high enough on my LAPD oral board I may consider turning VSP down.... Cant wait to get out there and go out for a couple shifts with LA Copper!

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kwflatbed";p="64103 said:
LA Copper have you made it to MA yet ????????
Yes, got in last night. It's always good to be home! I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much so I can hit the golf course a few times!

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
I will probaly be up that way next Thursday or Friday, when I know for sure I will let you know and mabey we can grab a coffee.

·
Subscribing Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kwflatbed";p="64143 said:
I will probaly be up that way next Thursday or Friday, when I know for sure I will let you know and mabey we can grab a coffee.
Thursday is good, Friday is not. The wife is flying in from the west coast early Friday morning and we'll be driving up to New Hampshire and Maine for the weekend.. It's our first year anniversary. Coming back Sunday night.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.