Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect storm of "holy shit!" but that's some damn fine work.

·
Super Moderator
6,703 Posts
This is the shit body cams were made for, not because somebody was rude to an asshole civilian. It makes all the ridiculous cop movies come true. Amazing a plane crash on railroad tracks LOL, where other than LA could this possibly occur?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goose and LA Copper

·
Super Moderator
6,703 Posts
That would be a hang glider into a swamp, with a methhead pulling the pilot from an imminent alligator attack.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Subscribing Member
3,520 Posts
Where this occurred is about 100 yards from Foothill Division Police Station, which explains why they were there so fast. The officers did contact Metrolink to stop the train but as we see here, they didn't receive word in time. Not to mention, it takes quite a long time for a speeding train with all that weight behind it, to actually come to a stop.

From what I'm told, the officers didn't want to move the pilot from the plane as soon as they arrived because of the potential severity of his injuries from the plane crash. They didn't want to exacerbate what injuries he already had as we've always been taught not to move a victim such as this if you don't have to.. unfortunately as in this case, they had to!

·
Get off my lawn!
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know exactly happened, but the first thing I would have done before even getting out of cruiser is to have dispatch call Metrolink and order them to halt all rail traffic immediately.

Regardless those officers are hero's!

·
Registered
427 Posts
From what I'm told, the officers didn't want to move the pilot from the plane as soon as they arrived because of the potential severity of his injuries from the plane crash. They didn't want to exacerbate what injuries he already had as we've always been taught not to move a victim such as this if you don't have to.. unfortunately as in this case, they had to!
I think they made the correct decision!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't know exactly happened, but the first thing I would have done before even getting out of cruiser is to have dispatch call Metrolink and order them to halt all rail traffic immediately.

Regardless those officers are hero's!
That decision is not up to a local manager. To shut down all rail traffic is a huge deal.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
PLANE and simple just great work by the officers who had no plan and had to WING it. They all have a TAIL to tell. Sorry for the bad YOKE😜

Seriously, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen a CRASHED plane “fly” again. Good job officers. I hope the pilot recovers quickly.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,830 Posts
Great job there!

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,648 Posts
I can picture what COULD have happened. "We didn't want to move him, it could, f'rinstance, snap his neck." "I guess that doesn't matter now since his HEAD is over there and the rest of him is stretched out along 100 ft. of track."

Quick thinking, excellent job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts