Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder 49

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  MVS 
#1 ·
Saw Ladder 49 tonight with other people from fire science. Good movie, I recomend it.

#2 ·
Why waste your money when you probably have already seen "Backdraft"? Same premise, lots of smoke / fire, inevitable love scene, trapped FF and another jake rescues him in spectacular fashion. Nothing like seeing a movie for $10+ a ticket, popcorn $5 and Goobers $4 and seeing Mr Scientology "act" and make millions so he can fly his own jet plane coast to coast.

Call me cynical but seeing the "foundation savers" portrayed as heros, once again, knowing full well their shenanigans at Ground Zero, makes my skin crawl. Nothing but crackheaded thieves in rubber boots I say.

If you want a hoot & a holler about FDNY's "Bravest" just go to google.com and punch in - NYPD Rant - & check out the ez-board & threads that come up. Talk about flaming! These guys play full contact and take no prisoners when it comes to the FDNY. Makes us look like choir boys.

#3 ·
HC, as always, to the point! By the way, they are known as 'cellar savers' where I come from!

When all is said and done: Fire truck polishers are 'heros', cops are 'zeros' :D !

Next time some one is taking your stuff, raping your wife or putting a knife in your heart...call the cellar savers (who are 'Kerry enthusiasts'). They'll respond as soon as they are done waxing the truck! 8) :D

When your house is on fire, they'll respond, extinguish the blaze and your house will still be ashes! All this after the schiseling cops got there first and rescued the occupants (and are still 'zeros'!). :evil:

#7 ·
Well we are just the guys who come in and cart off your dad, mom, brother, sister, cousin, etc.... for breaking various laws we all should live by. Possibly breaking a bit of furniture in the process. Afterwards, we get pelted with epitats or beer bottles, maybe spat upon.

We aren't the guys that come in, spray water over your worldly posessions and ruin everything in the process. Break out all of your windows and cut holes in your roofs, and for what? A nice shell of a house? They get a nice pat on the back for a job well done. Oh sure, they save a couple people in the process by means of a ladder now and again. You hardly hear the heroic actions of a cop who goes into a burning dwelling with nothing but the 60/40 cotton/poly blend on their backs who rescue people and warn others. He's never interviewed because he's in the hospital already coughing up 1/2 a lung.

Ask the FDNY about their shopping spree in the watch shop under the WTC plaza. Kinda hushed that one up real fast. Ask about the pushing & shoving at GZ over the recovery of the PAPD cop who was found but missing his duty weapon. Kinda glossed over that one as well.

Nothing like "counseling" a grieving widow of a fellow 9-11 FF and then leaving your wife for the newly minted millionairess. I think the count stands at 11 so far. Nothing greases the skids or makes a woman more attractive than 1.7+ million dollars.

#10 ·
Wow, what a movie. The movie backdraft was good and I was thinking this is just going to be another remake of backdraft but it wasn't. The movie was well made from beginning to end. We all knew the eventual outcome but it still brought tears to many people around me. I could hear people crying. The movie made you lose track of thinking this was a movie. Its what firemen do and us a police officers do everyday. We don't look at the dangers as much as we should, like our wives or girlfriends do. The thing is that if your heart is for being a policemen or firemen, you don't seem to worry about the dangers. Ladder 49 was Great movie.

HC- I do see your point, that us PO's don't seem to get any credit as much as the firefighters get. With 9/11 and movies like Ladder 49, it makes fighting fires that more dangerous then us as cops dealing with hardcore criminals everyday.

#11 ·
Cadet101 @ Tue 05 Oct said:
Wow, what a movie. The movie backdraft was good and I was thinking this is just going to be another remake of backdraft but it wasn't. The movie was well made from beginning to end. We all knew the eventual outcome but it still brought tears to many people around me. I could hear people crying. The movie made you lose track of thinking this was a movie. Its what firemen do and us a police officers do everyday. We don't look at the dangers as much as we should, like our wives or girlfriends do. The thing is that if your heart is for being a policemen or firemen, you don't seem to worry about the dangers. Ladder 49 was Great movie.

HC- I do see your point, that us PO's don't seem to get any credit as much as the firefighters get. With 9/11 and movies like Ladder 49, it makes fighting fires that more dangerous then us as cops dealing with hardcore criminals everyday.
well put, before watching this movie, I never realized how much my girlfriend actually worries about me while I'm off at work. I don't usually think of the fact that something might happen and I might not come home and it seems thats one of her worst fears. This movie was an eye opener for me and also a tear jerker as well. :cry:

#12 ·
before watching this movie, I never realized how much my girlfriend actually worries about me while I'm off at work. I don't usually think of the fact that something might happen and I might not come home and it seems thats one of her worst fears. This movie was an eye opener for me and also a tear jerker as well. :cry:
:dito: My wife was bawling.. and she was very "clingy" when we left the movie. I also didn't realize the impact until this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.