LA County Sheriff ambush | Page 2 | MassCops

LA County Sheriff ambush

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Articles' started by Tango_Sierra, Sep 13, 2020.

1. IamTheDude

IamTheDude MassCops Member

No words could possible describe what this Officer deserves... fucking fantastic example of a "cop"... get shot in the face a nd still call for help and do the best you can for you partner, also shot. God Bless the LASD!

2. msw

msw MassCops Member

This is one of the goals of the Left: whip up sufficient public sentiment against local LE, by painting them as inept, ill-trained, corrupt and systemically racist. This will result - they hope - in large scale “defunding“ of local departments, demoralizing the cops that remain, and the inability to hire and retain enough qualified personnel in sufficient numbers to “do the job”. Eventually this will lead to proposals from the Left for a National/Federal Uniformed Police Force, like the French Gendarmerie, the Italian Carabinieri, the German Federal Police (Bundespolizei), etc. The new US Federal Police Force will be under the Executive Branch of our government, like the FBI, etc, and any remaining state or local PD’s will be subordinate to it. The Left needs this to enforce the Federal Government edicts that local LE agencies will refuse to enforce. Whatever small local PDs are left will be disarmed, as they are in many European countries.... after all, the European model for LE (and many other social programs & issues) is what the Left wants eventually. We may not see this come to pass in our lifetimes - because there will be a lot of resistance to it from the red states - but you will see serious proposals for this when the Democrats have control of the US House, the Senate, and the Presidency..... which will happen eventually; you can’t fight demographics and math forever.

Los Angeles County has its own separate retirement system, which is not part of the State PERS System. Deputies who must medically retire get a minimum 50% tax free retirement; since these Deps have so little time on the job, they’d get the 50% minimum.

JR90 likes this.
  3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

More and more are leaving. The numbers applying are shrinking. I'm a Catholic and I see the results of the Clergy shortage (between scumbags posing as Priests and the abuse REAL Priests have endured, the numbers are dwindling) I can see the harm done, and this is in a world based purely on faith. In the world where people can be robbed, beaten, KILLED without Police, they WILL eventually understand the eventual consequences of what's been going on. "I NEED HELP!" "We should have an Officer free in about an hour. He's only got one other call in front of you and it's only a past robbery, not in progress, like yours."

4. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MassCops Member

Got it. I understand now. Slightly off topic: If such a study were possible, it would be interesting to see data about performance under extreme stress by LEOs who took the job because it paid more than other options, and LEOs who see this as their calling in life.

Hush likes this.
  5. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

The 10th Amendment prevents this; the federal government cannot enforce state laws without the consent of the state, and vise versa. Could the federal government create a national police force that would replace local and state police? Sure, but the individual states would have to agree and contract with the feds for services, and they would have the right to terminate services and go back to local control if they wanted. To enforce replacement of local LE with federal LE, the 10th Amendment would have to be abolished or modified.

The thing is, they don't just want federal control over everything; they want to abolish the current system of government completely. The left wants police that are recruited by, controlled by, and answer to, only them, not the people of this country. They want police that have no checks and balances and don't have to respect any rights. Every single dictatorship has a party-controlled paramilitary force, and it's almost never raised from the military and law enforcement of the former government. It's always staffed by former protestors, terrorists, and traitors. Creating a national police force from current local and state police officers won't do anything. They want BLM/Antifa members to be the new official enforcers.

6. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MassCops Member

Leftist revolutions always usher in a reign of terror by police forces unaccountable to the people, with no institutional respect for human rights. ALWAYS.

That is the stifling irony of these cries for less police by people who call themselves Marxists. Some are really that stupid, and others hope that everyone else is.

7. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Believe it or not, the male deputy is out of the hospital already. The female is still in ICU but is reportedly recovering. The reward is now up to $500,000.

8. msw

msw MassCops Member

That’s exactly my point, and what you describe is a National Police Force. I’m not saying that the Feds under a Leftist administration and Congress could achieve this, but they would certainly explore the possibility, because they’d need such an LE entity to cement their control over the population.

9. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

I wasn't disagreeing with your point that they want a national police force. But I don't think they're playing the long game anymore. They don't want to go through the years of developing a National Police Force; they're in revolution mode. The angry masses want the police gone yesterday. It's a lot easier and quicker for a city to just dissolve its police force and let leftist militias take over as the de facto "security" of the city. That's always their game plan: Get what they claimed they want, and then alter the deal immediately. Leftist useful idiots think that BLM/Antifa just wants police gone and when that happens, people will just self-harmonize without the need for law enforcement. Of course, the second that's accomplished, they'll say "Oh, we should clarify: While we did abolish the police, that DOESN'T mean we won't have armed public safety with the power of arrest. They'll just be from our ranks rather than the fascist, racist government..."

10. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

First. under the Nazi's, the SA became an Auxiliary Police Force (as a former Auxiliary-I'm not commenting). Secondly, if there WAS a National Police Force under Nan Pelosi and her gang of jerks, they would be a National Public Rights Safety/Please Agency. They would crush the First Amendment (kinda like MOST dictatorships) so long as that speech didn't disagree with the Party Line.

They HIPOCRACY of the Left is so blatant and nauseating, it's terrifying.