LA County Sheriff ambush | MassCops

LA County Sheriff ambush

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Articles' started by Tango_Sierra, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

2. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I don't get why newscasters who talk about this incident keep saying the words, "possible ambush" and "apparent ambush." There's no mistaking it when you watch the video, this was definitely an ambush.

This is exactly the type of thing I'm referring to in the other threads of asking about the police work and not just how much money you're gonna make and how many details you can work. This the real deal and an excellent example of just how dangerous this job can be.

Right now it's not sounding good for these two deputies but we're praying for the best. Stay safe out there, folks.

res2244, Kilvinsky, Joel98 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

Be extra frosty out there LA!!

Kilvinsky and LA Copper like this.
  4. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Be aware. It’s obvious who is doing this shit.

Joel98 likes this.
  5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Nice of the "protestors" at the hospital shouting "Hope they die"............................
    They should go home and swallow their own tongues

Kilvinsky, Joel98 and CCCSD like this.
  6. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

My response: “You want anarchy?” BANG! “Yeah Bitch!”

Joel98 likes this.
  7. IamTheDude

IamTheDude MassCops Member

It is the same reason that a drunk shitbag that passes out in drivethru, then gets a cops tazer is considered "unarmed".
    As we all know, a tazer is really only "less lethal" in the hands of trained user.

That said I hope these officers get better, then sue the shit of BLM for encouraging this bullshit!
    BUT, I can wish in my left hand and shit in my right hand, and all I'll ever be able to do throw shit better.

Kilvinsky, JR90, CCCSD and 1 other person like this.
  8. northshorepi

northshorepi MassCops Member

I am asking a serous question, from someone who wanted to be Police, but never made it. Why would anybody want to knowing sign up for this during these times? Our Politicians are on record of supporting BLM and the DEFUND the POLICE movement which is supporting/encouraging these attacks. You have Police Chiefs, that don't stand up for their Officers. You have Town Managers and Councils that are constantly attacking their own departments. In an election year where you may see the biggest panderers (Biden/Harris) elected to the highest office in our country. How is it possible that we still have young men and women willing take the badge and ride into this shitstorm. I believe in the not so distant future, we will find ourselves with little or no Police assistance when needed.

9. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Reports have them both out of surgery, stable and expected to survive.

Godspeed to the two of them.

10. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Animals blocking the entrance to the ER? If there was ever a time to dust off the water cannons and riot shotguns, this was it. I have zero faith that American Law Enforcement has the will to stop this nonsense. BLM is no different than ISIS and its time to start treating them as such.

11. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

Great to hear! They weren't giving them much chance of survival when they were first brought in. Thank you God!

12. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

Because it’s the right thing to do.

Kilvinsky, LA Copper, Sooty and 3 others like this.
  13. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

I listened to the audio of the female officer calling it in... stone cold icy cool - having to repeat over and over because they couldn't understand her with her jaw blown apart.

We say it often... but that's hero shit right there.

14. Hush

It's time to make an example of the shooter. Under no circumstance should he be brought in breathing.

PG1911 and HistoryHound like this.
  15. IamTheDude

IamTheDude MassCops Member

I'm not sure "will" is the right word... "backing" might be more accurate. What needs to happen (if possible) is something similar to what happened in Oregon where the police were deputized by a federal prosecutor.... either that or some very rich guy needs to finance some mercs to clean up the streets.

Hush and JR90 like this.
  16. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Accidents happen every day, be a real shame if they had one.

Hush, PG1911 and CCCSD like this.
  17. nimitzclass

nimitzclass MassCops Member

All that matters is those officers are going to be ok, so sad !

Kilvinsky, HistoryHound, AB7 and 2 others like this.
  18. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

I hope they just shoot him and say "Go ahead and riot, motherfuckers! You were going to anyway!"

CCCSD likes this.
  19. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

I don't think they'll ever be OK again. Head wounds for both and a longggg road to fully recover physically. PTSD may be a factor as well.
    Then again maybe they'll both come back pissed and ready to tear it up again!

CCCSD likes this.
  20. Hush

The embodiment of STAY IN THE FIGHT[​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

21. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

What does the county do for them if they can't return?
    Do they have a medical retirement?

22. LA Copper

Great point, Hush. The will to stay alive and the right mindset is so important at times like these. They even had the presence of mind to seek cover in case the suspect came back.

This is one of the points I was trying to make when I mentioned folks only asking about details and overtime. The police work that you'll be doing has to come into play on whatever police department you get hired with. Although this type of incident is the most significant thing that could happen to any of us, it's gotta be part of what we think about when we hire on in order to survive.

Sooty, the deputies here are classmates with only 14 months out of the academy. If I understand correctly, they normally work the jails but this was an overtime shift at their Transit Rail Division (think MBTA police back there). I don't know what they would get if they had to pension off at this point. I'll see if I can find out.

res2244, Sooty, PBC FL Cop and 2 others like this.
  23. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MassCops Member

Agreed, and I’m sincerely not trying to pick apart your point and be a PITA, but I just want to throw out there that ALL prospective LEOs, regardless of where their goal agencies might fall on the Mayberry —> Belfast during the Troubles continuum, should be keenly aware that this might happen to them on any given day.

I know a guy who works for a town of about 5,000 people in one of the top 2 safest states in America. Shortly after the academy, he was ambushed and shot (he immediately killed the shooter). There are many similar examples from small towns and rural areas across the country, where LEOs are frequently patrolling alone, 15 - 30 minutes away from the nearest help, and responding alone to domestics, fights, burglaries, etc. Those aren’t good tactics, but it is what it is.

Goose likes this.
  24. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Sooty,

Yes. Should be protected under Workman’s Comp. Coverage starts as soon as employed. I don’t know LASD retirement if they are PERS or not. If so, they can be retired at 50-70% tax free. If not PERS, then the county should have something similar.

Sooty likes this.
  25. LA Copper

Quo,
    I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I agree anything can happen anywhere, small town or big city. That wasn't my point at all. I was just saying that potential candidates don't seem to ask about the police work aspect of the job, basically only the money to be made.