·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
MetroWest Daily News
Posted Oct 08, 2008 @ 01:09 AM

FRAMINGHAM -
A cashier at Kohl's department store admitted to store security Monday that he stole more than $800 from his cash register in the past week to help pay his court costs, police said.
Justin LaLiberte, 18, of 48 Johnson St., Framingham, was arrested at the store at 7:43 p.m. after security caught him stealing $300 from his cash register, police spokesman Lt. Paul Shastany said.
Store security began its own investigation on Sept. 30 when they noticed $240 was missing from LaLiberte's cash register.
Saturday, security noticed another $279 was missing from LaLiberte's register, Shastany said.
"They monitored him, and they watched him take the cash," the lieutenant said. "They saw him take it out of the register and slide it into his pocket."
Security brought LaLiberte into a back room and asked him about the theft, and he handed them $300 in cash.
"He said, 'Yep, I took it,' " said Shastany. "When the officer arrived, he confronted him about why he took it, and LaLiberte said, 'I've got to pay court costs I've got an open case.' "
The nature of LaLiberte's case was not available.
LaLiberte was charged with larceny of more than $250.
He pleaded not guilty at his Framingham District Court arraignment yesterday and was released without bail. He is due back in court on Nov. 17 for a pretrial conference.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1111569387/Kohls-cashier-charged-with-theft

1 - 1 of 1 Posts